Author Topic: BHX Babylonian History X - WIP  (Read 61173 times)

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
BHX Babylonian History X - WIP
BHX -Babylonian History X

Welcome to the BHX work in progress thread. 

Trailer now available to download - http://files.filefront.com/BXHTeaseravi/;4679596;;/fileinfo.html

Trailer size - 34.8mb
Trailer Legnth - 1 minute & 37 seconds
Trailer resolution - 720 x 576 (30 fps)

BXH Info

Babylonian History X has replay value like you have never seen before, in this campaign you pick your side then the enemy side.  The races you can pick are:

Earth Alliance
The Narn Regime
The Centauri Republic
The Minbari Federation
The League of non-aligned worlds
The Shadows
The Drakh Hordes
The Interstella Alliance
The Vorlon Empire
The Raiders

Scenario

Once you pick your teams its all out warfare from start to finish.  You play the part of a fighter pilot in your desired race and embark on many missions to secure your victory in the war.  Each mission you participate in will have an influence on the overall progress of your race.  Using many variables to calculate momentum, losses and territory each mission success is vital for your races victory in the war.  If your outnumbered you have the option to run or fight, but if you run, this will have draw backs and may cause your race to lose more territory and ships.  Missions will vary from offensive to defensive missions as well as many other different types such as surgical & escape missions for good measure.  This is the sort of campaign wich can be played again and again and will be different every time thanks to IPandrews random variables.

Release date to be confirmed, at a guess we might be looking at summer 06
Whatch this thread for more info and screens. ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 04:36:53 am by madaboutgames »
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: BHX Babylonian History X - WIP
Nice work. I'm really looking forwards to seeing what the two of you will come up with. :)

EDIT : Just watched the trailer and it looks very good. My only suggestions would be to make it clearer that the player can play as any of those races and also to slow down the speed at which the names of all the sides are displayed (that bit moved a little too quickly).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 12:03:00 pm by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I assume this will feature unreleased ships like the ISA Victory and VE Star Dreadnaught, NR Bin'tak and EA Poseidon?

EDIT: Fixed for the 3.3 release.  :D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 07:12:46 am by Azrael15 »

wow, great trailer! you should do more of this!
but i agree with karajorma for slowing down the speed the races names appear in the middle of the trailer.

anyway, i hope to see more trailers like that in the future!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Babylonian History X has replay value like you have never seen before, in this campaign you pick your side then the enemy side.  The races you can pick are:

The Vorlons
The Vorlon Empire
I think you've got one extra in there.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
There is, those vorlons are everywhere!  :lol:

The race selection screens are a bit fast, so you have to watch it more than once :)
I mixed the music track before actually puting the video together, timing was crucial for every milisecond of film
and could only use a few seconds to display the names of races.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 04:36:13 am by madaboutgames »
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
No Vorlon Dreadnaught in 3.3 then?  :(

I assume this will feature unreleased ships like the ISA Victory and VE Star Dreadnaught, NR Bin'tak and EA Poseidon?

EDIT: Fixed for the 3.3 release.  :D
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Thought the Vorlon Dreadnaught was meant to be in 3.3?
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Thought the Vorlon Dreadnaught was meant to be in 3.3?

Stithe seems to want to wait until the X beam warmup is working before he releases the Vorlon Dreadnaught and... he's the boss ;).
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Well, tell Stithe to hurry up.  :lol: I've got an idealogy to wipe out. Chaos is better my encounter suited ass.  :hopping:

If there is any ship I'm looking forward too it is the Star Dreadnaught.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
LOL, when I was testing the Vorlon planet killer fired its main beam, I had the shock of my life, the actual diameter of it must of been that close to an Omega:lol I din`t know what was going on first, I just heard a hum then a big green light everywhere.  Got a lot of slow down though when it did fire, I was going to use an anim of this in the trailer but the framerate was to slow so I opted to use another view of the planetkiller.:)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

My comp handled the PK and the Drakh Mothership just fine. Takes one hit to knock that big Drakh ship out, but it will continue to fire on it even as it explodes (which takes a long time). But damn, that beam is huuuuuge.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Well, tell Stithe to hurry up.  :lol: I've got an idealogy to wipe out. Chaos is better my encounter suited ass.  :hopping:

If there is any ship I'm looking forward too it is the Star Dreadnaught.
Joking aside, an efficient method of "X" convergence fire would require some SCP support, which means its out of our control.  All we can do is ask nicely.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Or accept that the SCP engine can't do everything and release the ship without it. Like the Vorlon Fighter and Cruiser.

With the Cruiser, Transport and Fighter it does not really matter as the pylon/tentacles are close enough together so you don't really see the convergance (or lack of one). However, the dreadnaught pylons are much further apart...

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
Nice trailer, as usual I'm eagerly waiting for BHX to come out!
(this project even in the idea stage was unique when compared to things offered so far by retail games)
Are you planning with IP something you might call a demo before the full version:
I mean a shorter version without certain mission types for which there are currently no models in some of the factions ;)?

What is the actual number of possible conflicts possible to simulate (each side vs each side)?
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Random nebulae placement in BHX:

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
What is the actual number of possible conflicts possible to simulate (each side vs each side)?

Simple maths, ther are 10 races from which to chose, so this means 90 different wars can be simulated. :) YES thats 90 different wars and even if you play the same race a couple of times the war will still be different :) See waht I mean about replay value!
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
No it's a hundred. That screenshot above is from a Narn vs Narn war. It was a very silly war.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
No it's a hundred. That screenshot above is from a Narn vs Narn war. It was a very silly war.

Yes 100 actually, I forgot about fighting the same team :)

Should be a drazi screenshot, The Drazi are used to fighting each other.   :rolleyes:-Green V  :confused: -Purple
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 06:54:14 am by madaboutgames »
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk