Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844104 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Since most of the old links in the eyecandy thread won't work anymore once the 3dap site is deleted, it's time for a new thread. In this thread you'll find images from the main campaign, test shots, and images from completed Archives mods.
Here's pics of m1-4 in the current build.

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
Words........ should've sent a...... poet......... :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
What class is that Vasudan cap-ship?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
That's the heaviest Vasudan cruiser.

• Trayus no more.
Tuket class, if I remember correctly from the old website?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
GVC Selket actually.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
That Titus looks a wee bit overtiled. I can understand trying to make it big, but it needs other things on the long flat regions, I think, to help make it look more imposing. I don't want to come off sounding critical, but it's looking a lot like a trashman capship. I think if you had a few random greebles accross the surface, and used them to break up the tile (which could be left intact actually) it'd look a lot better. I think it has potential.
A suggestion would be sort of like how I dealt with the Damocles for TVWP: Like this. Another example would be the Raynor. Or the Sagitarius model I also tweaked for TVWP, but that's not been shown publicly. (Though I'm sure you've seen it, having been TVWP's help, no? I could show you an image of that, if you'd like.)
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It is the 2nd largest freighter in the mod (the 1st being the Demeter)
I didn't really want it too look imposing, it is just a freighter :)
Some of the flat parts can be used for docking and part of the underneath could be converted to carry large containers. It can't do that if it isn't flat.

IRRC the Sagitarius is a Aldo modeldump ship that I converted. I also have another version of it for future use in something I have in mind. If it's the ship I'm thinking of that is.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
IRRC the Sagitarius is a Aldo modeldump ship that I converted. I also have another version of it for future use in something I have in mind. If it's the ship I'm thinking of that is.

Hmm, I don't recall seeing it in any of his model dumps. In fact, I think Goober once said that Ryx made it. In either case, I went over it because it was just too... shapeless. I may PM you the link, I don't think I should post it here.

Edit: Actually, looking back at it, it doesn't look too spiffy compared to what I think I can do now... but in either case, if you're interested in a peek, just say so.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 03:43:35 pm by Raa »

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
The freighter in the first shot looks sexy as it is. Keep it! :D
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Yeah, the freighter looks fine.  I mean, it's a freighter......you're not supposed to go OMGWTF when you see it.

• Trayus no more.
I go OMGWTF at just about every ship model that I see. (As long as its not absolutely butt-ugly, like just a box or something.)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I stand by my claim that it looks overtiled and a bit monotonous. It needn't look imposing, then, but a bit of greebling would still help, IMO.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It might be a nice option, but I think the model's fine as-is.  I mean, how much greebling do you see on a flatbed truck or cargo ship? :p

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
m5-8

oh very nice image, i see the herc mk III is in Inferno.....nice...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yup, pitty it doesn't have a high res texture though.
I like Hamanos stuff.

indeed

Wow, so many new ships!

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Things are certainly looking good! :yes:

Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.