Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844502 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Little reminder: because the Tereus mesh has been upgraded (we still need an UVmapper to get it ingame, so if anyone is interested please apply) so changes the Ryujin will be upgraded as well.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Aren't these old screenshots?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Just found a few interesting screenshots in an old thread.

Yeah, but definitely worth the addition to ModDB.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Why does that Ryujin look considerably less detailed than one one given to Woolie?
Notably, the lower arm is missing the split-hexagon fixture like on the Raiden, I really like that. This one has just a boring rectangular stick like the original.

How many times are you going to just upgrade and reupgrade these models anyway? :/
You're going to run into Duke Nukem Forever syndrome at this rate!
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You're going to run into Duke Nukem Forever syndrome at this rate!
They ran into that... 5 years ago?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Woomeister should be able to provide an explanation. I'm not a modeller myself so I don't really know into the details what has changed and what hasn't in the models.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
More eyecandy (preferably up-to-date) please! :P

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Take a look at the INFA thread for progress, it took a good hour to get that old template of mine working ingame as I wanted to. :p
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Template? Care to elaborate?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
It's some sort of template that allows me to create image subtitles like the one I've just posted on INFA's eyecandy thread. By changing the words and the squad logo, I can create a lot of them.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It's some sort of template that allows me to create image subtitles like the one I've just posted on INFA's eyecandy thread. By changing the words and the squad logo, I can create a lot of them.
Cool.

You know I think the community's top-notch FREDders should get together and make a tutorial or something on higher-end FREDding tips and tricks.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Cool.

You know I think the community's top-notch FREDders should get together and make a tutorial or something on higher-end FREDding tips and tricks.

I think there's a cookbook of sort in the works on Blue Planet. We either discovered or added so much stuff to the engine that we figured we should probably publicize it. There are just so many bizarre undocumented quirks in the engine and in FRED, from simple tricks like giving the player ship an AI class for its turrets to use to totally counterintuitive stuff like turret subsystem AI doing nothing at all and the 'no extra collision avoidance on player' flag actually making them more collision-averse and hampering AI evasives. Other stuff like weapon hitpoints hasn't gotten much attention yet either.

Plus there's the stuff Spoon pulled on Wings of Dawn, including his glide AI using Sushi's new AI code, which I would love to check out.

(Also weird but not FRED-related: until very recently - when Sushi found the bug - the engine actually did not assign FRED AI classes correctly to ships in mission. Sometimes it would randomly discard them and go back to the tabled defaults.)

I'd love to see some of Mobius' stuff.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
(Also weird but not FRED-related: until very recently - when Sushi found the bug - the engine actually did not assign FRED AI classes correctly to ships in mission. Sometimes it would randomly discard them and go back to the tabled defaults.)

:wakka:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started

lol, it reminds me when I earned my position of full-time INF FREDder by simply telling Rampage and Woomeister how I handled variables and visuals a certain take off cutscene, among other things. It happened back when I used to spend hundreds of hours working on Steadfast (an INFR1 campaign).

Too bad I had to stop working on Steadfast at some point, but what I did to that campaign was amazing... take off cutscenes, landing cutscenes, enemy aces and many other things. Who knows, in the future I may be able to release the first 10 mission of that campaign.

And yes, I'd be glad to help with that FRED Cookbook. I have been so unlucky my released-to-unreleased missions ratio is around 100:0, but I should definitely be able to post some of the FREDding tricks I learned in the past years. :)

/OT  :nervous:

A new pic, similar in style to those posted yesterday.

"In the 2350s, thanks to new technological advancements, it's been possible to worldhouse Luna and terraform Earth's satellite at impressive rates. The domes make that possible thanks to their capacity of maintaining an artificial atmosphere."
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Cool but why is it that when i look at that picture i am reminded of that scene from futurama "The Beast with a Billion Backs" where they encase the earth in dimondum or whatever it was called. Still cool effect.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

You could also say that they developed a low power shield generator that would protect the moon's atmosphere from the solar wind. That way ships could fly in and out. Like Endor but with the shield around the moon.
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Either way we spent 5 or 6 pages on how silly it would be. :P

EDIT: In the interest of fairness, and because I'm awake now, it was three
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 07:19:44 am by NGTM-1R »
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Don't start!! :shaking:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Pfft, let him say whatever he wants until colossal amount of proof will be provided. :p
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Problem with not having the proof right handy is it lets people get into a negative preconception... unless they realize it, they may be already set in an untrusting its-too-silly-to-be-true mode.

...But for crying out loud, it's a sci-fi game.  All you need is a little bit of plausibility, and you should be fine.  :P