Author Topic: Inferno: Nostos Discussion  (Read 99955 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: Inferno: Nostos Discussion
I can say one thing.

Really COOL Lindos will be present in the first release :P
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Looking forward to it.

Woomeister, any updates on Inferno?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Working on missions 13, 14 and 15 very slowly.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Same too for my Shattered Stars, which I promised to be "Inferno plus plus plus". You know, back in 2010, Blue Planet: War in Heaven was known as "Inferno plus", which required a special build.

Any word on modelling?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I uploaded update on Lindos. Check it out. Now I'm done with Atum and model for other game, so I can resume working on Lindos.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
And what of PBR assets in Inferno? Shattered Stars has became the first to use such. And so MediaVPs, by Shivan Hunter.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
And what of PBR assets in Inferno? Shattered Stars has became the first to use such. And so MediaVPs, by Shivan Hunter.
We have no PBR support in Inferno and we do not plan to include it so far.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
After its first release, and probably by then, my mod Shattered Stars is released (now I'm keeping that in suspense). :)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
After its first release, and probably by then, my mod Shattered Stars is released (now I'm keeping that in suspense). :)
We.

F***ing.

Know.

I don't want to be rude, but seriously... Stop reminding us all about your mod in every post.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Do Inferno end with the battle for Earth in which the EA surrendering to the GTVA, but not arrival of the SSJ Gigas?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Hey guys. Huge fan of Inferno. I remember sitting and waiting for hours and hours days As long as it's taken for Nostos to come out for the original to download back in ye olde days of retail. Can say without a doubt it took my FS2 experience to the next level, and is to date my go to for "Stuff I love about the game". While there's a lot of great stuff about new campaigns, and the original campaign is great in its own right - nothing quite beats that feeling of "Yup, you're done for" like the Nemesis Nanojumping, or the Gigas literally crashing your party.

You can add me to the list of people who are anxiously awaiting Nostos - i've been checking religiously every year for progress on R2. Just wanted to add my 2 cents - the new models look absolutely amazing, and I can't wait to sink my teeth into the finished product. Keep up the good work!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
You won't be disappointed :P. Currently we have little deadlock because we have to clean our missions from bugs with scripting. Final product will be classic campaign but with a lot of innovations compared to R1. ...and bunch of new, shiny ships!

Woohoo! I'm excited for the shiny ships, of course, but extreme high definition was never what led me to keep replaying Inferno in the first place - how over the top and ridiculous everything was in, well, every aspect was what really kept me coming back for more - and it's something

Out of curiosity, are all the assets packaged going to be used in the campaign in one form or another?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
All included in Act I modpack. Some of the assets we have like shivan Yama destroyer won't be included in first release. Chapter one is remake of classic Inferno, so we won't include ships from Chapter 2.
...but don't worry :D. 95% of everything we have will be included in the first release.

Ah, no, it's not that i'm anxious for all the assets to be released. Well, I am

I asked that because I noticed a lot of campaigns tend to have assets that get included - and would have such great potential storywise - but we don't get to see it actually put to use because it's for later on (And if it's not a large majority of assets withholding them for the next release is a good idea in my opinion, it helps generate hype and gives a bit of mystery).

Just looking at R1 - there was so much that could have been done with the original SOC fleet pack, or the Odin, or the Telemus, but for one reason or another (Planned for a later release, didn't get around to it, time constraints) didn't get put into a mission, and thus wern't as memorable as some of the more popular designs, like the Lindos. It really helps to see the ship in the context of the universe and to fly with/against it to make it memorable. In that regard, i'm glad the Odin made the cut for Nostos, and i'm happy to hear that everything included will get a chance to shine.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Me too, I got the HTL Darkness by Droid803 as part of my mod. This model is being remade by Betrayal for Inferno.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Me too, I got the HTL Darkness by Droid803 as part of my mod. This model is being remade by Betrayal for Inferno.
It's not?

FSF and Droid803 remade it for now defunct End War project. Inferno adopted it. We will have UVed version with new texture if TheDagger manage to send this to me.

Will we see this released within 2017?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Hopefully Yes. Unless my computer exlodes or something... :nervous:

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
You jinxed it. Better back that up before it's too late!
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."