Author Topic: Inferno: Nostos Discussion  (Read 99953 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: Inferno: Nostos Discussion
Well the entire campaign is in Terran space, so it's not like the Vasudans are going to through every ship class out there.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
No and no. Sadly the Vasudans are at a bare minimum when it comes to capships at least.
Is this because of in-universe reasons, or because since they don't appear in the first release there's no need to make all those classes now?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Well the entire campaign is in Terran space, so it's not like the Vasudans are going to through every ship class out there.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
I mean in general, not just in the campaign. Besides, the campaign is bound to leave Terran space at some point in future releases (if any), right?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No and no. Sadly the Vasudans are at a bare minimum when it comes to capships at least.
or because since they don't appear in the first release there's no need to make all those classes now?
This mostly. We'll be adding a few more Vasudan ships in the 2nd release like the carrier and flagship, though they will only have a fraction of the Terran fleet since we don't require that many Vasudan ships for the campaign.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
or because since they don't appear in the first release there's no need to make all those classes now?
This mostly. We'll be adding a few more Vasudan ships in the 2nd release like the carrier and flagship, though they will only have a fraction of the Terran fleet since we don't require that many Vasudan ships for the campaign.

It makes sense I guess: You're playing as a Terran in a Terran navy fighting another Terran faction, so the ships you fly, as well as the majority of your allies and enemies, will be Terran (not counting the Shivans of course).

Can we know the name of your home ship for the campaign? Will it be the same as INFR1?

Quote from: InsaneBaron
Out of curiosity, are you in need of playtesters/modelers/FREDers, or are you set for personnel?
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Can we know the name of your home ship for the campaign? Will it be the same as INFR1?
The Oracle

Out of curiosity, are you in need of playtesters/modelers/FREDers, or are you set for personnel?
Right now we are doing internal testing on the first 10 missions, we may do an outside beta in the future but not at this time.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
It makes sense I guess: You're playing as a Terran in a Terran navy fighting another Terran faction, so the ships you fly, as well as the majority of your allies and enemies, will be Terran (not counting the Shivans of course).
Unless officer exchange and all that. But that is apparently not planned.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
You will be flying Vasudan craft at points yes.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
You will be flying Vasudan craft at points yes.

Oh, cool! But I assume that's not in this release?
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
There's Vasudan craft to fly at one point in this release.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Hey, I saw some dumb split posts down there, and I just want to reiterate to everyone: it is the BP team's position that Inferno is awesome and that we'll do anything we can to help and support them. Like so many projects in this community, BP would not exist without the generosity of Inferno.

Mods are long, difficult, arduous things to make, and even if I personally haven't been able to do everything I'd like for the Inf team, I think people need to be patient and supportive. It'll come round when it comes.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
There's Vasudan craft to fly at one point in this release.

Great! Flying alien craft is part of the fun of campaigns like FS2, Derelict, Warzone, and AoA (In my opinion), so I'll be looking forward to seeing what the Vasudans have developed.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well they have a totally different weapon set to the Terran craft.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Did those secondary antiship weapons for capships (other than beams) and bombers (when they ran out of bombs) made it in? For example, the EA had railguns.
I remember reading that every race had their own weapon for that.

Offline CT27

The Oracle

Right now we are doing internal testing on the first 10 missions, we may do an outside beta in the future but not at this time.

Is the Oracle the same ship one was based on in the original Inferno release or was it the Warlock carrier Independence?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Did those secondary antiship weapons for capships (other than beams) and bombers (when they ran out of bombs) made it in? For example, the EA had railguns.
I remember reading that every race had their own weapon for that.
The Vasudans have their own set of capship weapons except for the Plasma anti-warship ones. The weapons we had for the Vasudans there weren't very good, so we dropped those. The Vasudans have an energy based flak and far better AAA beams than the Terrans. The Vasudan bombers have beams instead of a plasma cannon system however.

Is the Oracle the same ship one was based on in the original Inferno release or was it the Warlock carrier Independence?
No it's a new ship.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Well they have a totally different weapon set to the Terran craft.

TOTALLY different?  :eek2:

Well, it wouldn't be Inferno if it didn't go overboard trying to be over-the-top in the excessive department.  :lol:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well as an example

Terran Mihos:
Subach HL-12, Subach SD-14, Prometheus, Vulcan
Shocker, Hurricane, Shadow, Stiletto III, Hornet M

Vasudan Mihos:
Haptekh, Karotep, Nakhyet
Khanil, Hafran, Namket

Better fighters have more weapons that those for both races. The Vasudans have less overall though since its not a major focus for the campaign.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Well as an example

Terran Mihos:
Subach HL-12, Subach SD-14, Prometheus, Vulcan
Shocker, Hurricane, Shadow, Stiletto III, Hornet M

Vasudan Mihos:
Haptekh, Karotep, Nakhyet
Khanil, Hafran, Namket

Better fighters have more weapons that those for both races. The Vasudans have less overall though since its not a major focus for the campaign.

Cool! You actually made Multiple Subach upgrades?  :D

The Mihos, I assume, is an entry-level fighter used (in different variants) by both species?
The old Mihos was a Rogue Vasudan Fighter based on the Ulysses, I think.