Author Topic: Inferno: Nostos Discussion  (Read 99939 times)

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Re: Inferno: Nostos Discussion
I noticed that the Vasudans had a Typhon still kicking around. This surprises me considering that by now they have to be like...50 years old?
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Cool! You actually made Multiple Subach upgrades?  :D

The Mihos, I assume, is an entry-level fighter used (in different variants) by both species?
The old Mihos was a Rogue Vasudan Fighter based on the Ulysses, I think.
The SD-14 is a disruptor

It's the starting light fighter yes.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I noticed that the Vasudans had a Typhon still kicking around. This surprises me considering that by now they have to be like...50 years old?
They don't, we'll be providing Inferno upgrade tables for some ships if we get time to do them all. The Colossus won't be showing up either :)

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
The Vasudans have their own set of capship weapons except for the Plasma anti-warship ones. The weapons we had for the Vasudans there weren't very good, so we dropped those. The Vasudans have an energy based flak and far better AAA beams than the Terrans. The Vasudan bombers have beams instead of a plasma cannon system however.
So Terran bombers have plasma cannons and the Vasudans beams. Got it.
What about EA bombers? Are they equipped with railguns like their capships are?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
They have a high velocity anti-hull cannon.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Sounds cool. Nice to know someone other than the Shivans and Ancients have beam bombers now.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Lorric

Um... since I haven't played before, do any bombers have... bombs? :)

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
How do you control the beams on your bombers? Like a turret?
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Point and shoot, I'd assume.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Um... since I haven't played before, do any bombers have... bombs? :)
Secondary stuff is for when you run out of bombs.

Offline CT27

No it's a new ship.

It's been years since I played INFR1, what was your homeship for that game (if there was one)?

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
The Independence Warlock-class carrier, wasn't it?

Offline mr.WHO

You will be flying Vasudan craft at points yes.

And what about EA fighters?

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
It's already confirmed that the Sol Gate infiltration mission is in, and you'll fly a Stentor there.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It's already confirmed that the Sol Gate infiltration mission is in, and you'll fly a Stentor there.
and maybe something else...

Offline CT27

When you say Mediavps2014 in the OP, are you referring to the beta version out now or when Mediavps2014 is finalized?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Right now beta 2. If the final is out first and we need to make any further edits then we will do so before release.

Since our tables are nothing like the FS2 retail ones we have to call the model files directly into our core ships.tbl instead of using the mediavp tbms to do that. So it works a bit different than how a standard FS2 campaign usually does it. Since we are calling the new HTL models added in the newest mediavps directly the older ones won't work at all as they'll be missing model files.

Right now beta2 only has one minor issue were it adds a Ulysses table entry which is incomplete and causes an outright crash if you click on it in the lab or FRED, but otherwise is working fine. This is caused by a missing no-create flag.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
You mantised it on FSU mantis?
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Luis Dias

Check it with the new 2014 release. It's no longer beta.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
You mantised it on FSU mantis?
At that time no as this version was being worked on in secret in case we couldn't get it to work correctly so we reported it privately. Looks like it has been fixed in the final vps.

I'll start debugging with the final builds once the rest have been downloaded.