Author Topic: Inferno: Nostos Discussion  (Read 99941 times)

Re: Inferno: Nostos Discussion
Maybe a July or August release?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No, because there's no mission designers active at the moment. We might be showing off our new cruiser models within the next few days/weeks however as we've just received the final of the Gania and a test version of the Selket today.

Come on guys,you can do it! :)     

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
And we will, but nothing can push us further without our FREDers. We used to post updates when we have any. Stay patient :P
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline CT27

No, because there's no mission designers active at the moment. We might be showing off our new cruiser models within the next few days/weeks however as we've just received the final of the Gania and a test version of the Selket today.

Is a 2014 release still possible?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Very unlikely but not 100% impossible. Depends on the missions really as we're down to the last few extra models now which we could launch without.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Is one of them GTB Jotun?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No, the Jotun was completed like a year ago. It's mainly just the GTI Arcas and the Arcadia extensions left now.

Hey guys, how are you doing?

I would like to help you with FREDing,but sadly i have piece-of-sh*t pc. :doubt: :doubt: :doubt:

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Most of the Inferno team are currently quite occupied with RL obligations.  I for one still check in from time to time but cannot commit any time towards working on the project.  As mentioned before by others, FREDding is currently our rate-limiting reagent.

R

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Real life issues or other projects. It doesn't mean Inferno is dead. We just have period of decrased activity, but as soon as we finish other jobs, we will resume work on INFR1U.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline CT27

How's 2015 look for the team; are you hopeful for progress or maybe even a release this year?

Ich schreib hier als einzigster auf deutsch und ich hoff man kann es lesen ! Ihr postet also vor 2 jahren den wunsch aus Inferno eine art Remake zu gestalten alles schön und gut freue mich auch sehr darauf , aber nix passiert hier mehr fast 1 jahr lang keine Reaktion ist die mod tot ? Habt ihr keinen bock mehr ? Was ? Wisst ihr die leute erwarten eine antwort sowas ist normalerweise üblich als Producer eines Projektes, Inferno nostos ist von den screenshots her gut sieht sehr gut aus usw aber wir wollen keine bilder mehr wir wollen es live auf unseren Bildschirmen ihr habt 2 jahre daran geakert und noch immer kein release was ist den da los bei euch ?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The team's working on it, slowly. There are lots of other good mods to play while you wait!

Google translate attempt:

(Das Team arbeitet daran , langsam . Es gibt viele andere gute Mods zu spielen , während Sie warten !)

This looks pretty radical. From what I gathered it's the GTVA versus the EA, HoL and the Shivan's at the same time? That's kind of crazy. But I suppose it will allow alot of mission variety.

The SD Kismet and the SDD Diablo are preeeetty. Too bad I can only see the rear ends of the newer models in those screenshots. Probably my new two favorite Shivan Destroyers.

Offline kane544

Is any headway being made on this?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I'm the only full time staffer working on it now but I've made some progress over the last few weeks. We'll probably be changing the release format due to staffing issues but I expect the first release some time next year now providing I can fix the scripting issues myself or get the missions functional without the scripts (since I have no idea about scripting)

Except for a major script causing the game to alt tab out for error reporting missions 1 to 9 are complete with only minor tweaks being needed.

3 Missions in 10-15 need moderate work and the rest are minor tweaks.

The plan is to release up to the arrival of the Diablo (missions 1 to 15) with the modpack as it stands now and continue working on 16-30 for the 2nd release. Then the final half of the campaign can't be done unless we get completed meshes for our Vasudan flagship, Gigas and Icanus at minimum.

Mesh wise for the first release we were working on HTL Arcas, an upgraded Apothess and a R1 style HTL Lindos. I don't know if these will be ready in time or completed at all by that point. Everything else should be ready to go.

CBAnis haven't been started and I no longer have the software to do animated ones myself so I haven't sorted out what will be done there yet since I need to focus on the missions.

I'm doing everything I can to complete the project now even if it means completing the entire campaign myself. Scripting issues, cbanis and models I can't do nothing about so that depends on the rest of the team when they have time.

Hopefully releasing the first 15 missions will get other people interested again and production can be sped up.

Offline kane544

Thanks for the update Woo. Good luck on getting as much done as you can. :)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
And good luck to you, since you allowed me (and Betrayal) for HTLing the Raguel.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...