Author Topic: Nort Ship Z: The Reimagining  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Nort Ship Z: The Reimagining
During my previous trimester in university earlier this year, I decided to submit a remake of the Nort Ship Z from Tyrian 2000 in 3D for one of my assignments, complete with UV maps, textures, normals, and decals. While working on it, I had the idea of making a nice little video of it to post on YouTube during summer break.

It took me half a month to create the video, but here it is.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 11:56:19 am by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Re: Nort Ship Z: The Reimagining
Very nice work, Sir.

Only thing I can nitpick about is your credits section, where you do not cite the modeling suite used to produce the geometry itself!
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Re: Nort Ship Z: The Reimagining
Very nice work, Sir.

Only thing I can nitpick about is your credits section, where you do not cite the modeling suite used to produce the geometry itself!

I intended for the credits section to refer only to the software and assets I used to make the video - the software I used to make the model itself have a little icon placed on the bottom-right of the video during segments where they were used - but considering I ended the video mentioning that this is a 3D modelling project, I might add them in once I get around to making a new version of the video. :yes:

EDIT: I spotted some other issues with the existing video, so I made the necessary corrections and uploaded a new one...that now also provides information on the modelling software I used as well as the audio software I used to snip the background audio.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 12:15:39 am by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?