Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Blue Planet

Resolution Issue

(1/2) > >>

Solarian:
Hi All,

Recently got a Samsung Odyssey G9 Monitor and using for Freespace, loving it but Blue Planet is giving me some grief!

When in settings up Blue planet if I go 'Full Screen' under Gameplay I get a message saying it cannot run under 1024 X 768 resolution. If I use 'Run in Window' it only works, but takes up about half the screen and as above, other Mods work full screen just fine. Resolution is set in Knossos as 5120 X 1440 (custom). lowest setting without custom next to it is 2560 X 1440.

Anything with custom next to it seems to dislike, natural resolution is 5120 X 1440 on this screen.

Any suggestions?

I would include attachments but Forum keeps saying upload is full, even on a 60kb file.

Grizzly:
Ok, so up front: This is going to be somewhat hard for me to try and fix, since I can't exactly run the game in 5120x1440, but I can try to help, and I'll try to scramble people with beyond-widescreen monitors.
First of all: Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post. Oh, and please do this when you launch BP and run into problems, but also when you launch the MediaVPs and don't run into problems. It helps me see what may have changed.
Secondly, when you get an error in FSO like that, it copies that error directly to the clipboard. Can you paste said error into one of your posts?

Solarian:
Hey, thanks for the reply.

Sure, link is here for a BP launch. https://fsnebula.org/log/63bea2493c97ea8ae9ccee9d. I literally open BP, skip the cutscene, load pilot and then get the screen saying resolution is too low. If you have a discord or somewhere you'd like me to post, can do.

Please note, when I do this no actual error message pops up, its the in game background, I'd love to post it for you but the attachments function seems broken.

And here is the link for a MediaVPs launch: https://fsnebula.org/log/63bea42c7b290af55dccee7b

Grizzly:
Heya, thanks for the attachments you send me in PM too. It was the information I needed to track down the problem.

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, I had a ****ty couple of days.

Anyway, please try copying these files to your bpc-core/data/tables folder, overwriting the ones already present.

Grizzly:
Oh, incidentally, you may want to try the center_res command line flag too. Enabling a -center_res 2560x1440 flag should work for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version