Author Topic: RELEASE: Massive archive of FreeSpace stuff  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
RELEASE: Massive archive of FreeSpace stuff
I decided to go dig through my backup hard drives and see what I have saved.  Turns out, it's quite a lot.  This is 500 MB of retail-era campaigns, missions, mods, and even music for both FS1 and FS2.  A lot of it I never even got around to playing.

Some highlights:
  • Aeos Affair, a classic.  Considered difficult at the time it was released; maybe not so difficult now.
  • The "extras" that used to be available on www.freespace2.com
  • My attempt at a French version of Deus Ex Machina, which was completed all except for the final mission
  • The HLP Movie
  • Neo-Terra Victorious
  • PeachE-DoIlookShivantoyou.mp3, an old music track created by VWBB member PeachE
  • Technological Superiority, a great retail campaign with really fun missions, which very few people know about these days
  • ZylonBane's "violition" and Rawhide animations
  • Lots of stuff from the VolitionWatch Archives

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Re: RELEASE: Massive archive of FreeSpace stuff
Nice find :)

Even the real treasure would be the shorter version of Aeos Affair, called 1.0. Unfortunately it is only 2.0 which you can find quite often.
But interestingly, this package seems to have a sixth mission of "All Hands to War". The released demo has only 5 missions back then.

PeachE-DoIlookShivantoyou.mp3, an old music track created by VWBB member PeachE

This is... interesting. Even i think that i like the "Dive, Dive, Dive, Hit your Burners, Pilot" music track more :D.
Even i do not know who created that.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 04:21:09 pm by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Solatar

I somehow never got around to playing Technological Superiority before I couldn't find it anymore. Thanks for posting it!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Version 1.0 of Aeos Affair predates even my time in the FreeSpace community. :)

You're welcome; hope you all enjoy it.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Version 1.0 of Aeos Affair predates even my time in the FreeSpace community. :)

I actually even played it. It was my first ever fan campaign (because it was alphabetically the first back on VolitionWatch  :D). But it was simply too hard for me back then.

But well.. i was 12 yrs old or so... so i never keep it of course. And shortly after that, Aeos 2.0 was released anyway. So i have never completed Aeos 1.0 :(
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
AFAIK, Technological Superiority was updated by FSCRP. Aeos Affair probably was updated too. I like both, but the first one was once one of my favorites and is still high on my top of best campaigns.
Still, this pack is interesting. There are some old campaigns here I actually remember but I've never seen them here. Extremely old stuff I remember from polish community. So many memories... And Flipside music is awesome!

RAWHAAAAAJD!
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.