Author Topic: RELEASE: Transcend  (Read 175774 times)

Originally posted by karajorma
The release builds are beta. Only the official builds aren't. The debug builds are only meant to be run when you have a problem not cause you want to cause a problem :p

Debug builds give you extra information for tracing bugs. If you're not experiencing any bugs you want to trace don't bother with them.

I ran the debug build to see what was causing the pauses.

EDIT : Finished it. Very nicely done. I saw in one mission where the Generation was called the Persistence. In one of the first missions where you are supposed to take out the beams on a Leviathan before they become active - when they do become active, Omi2 calls out "Raven beams coming online!" when the Raven is still in subspace.

The fade-out at the end was a nice touch. If it was there for other missions, it didnt work for me.

I think VA would make this mucho-impressivo. Just pump up the volume for Transcendal's voice and it'll be set.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 04:57:37 am by 3074 »

Offline Hudson

Sorry if this was already posted, but I dont feel like reading through 13 pages of stuff, I read 5 lol

error.log apon trying to load a mission in transend

fs2_open_G-20050722 caused an Access Violation in module ntdll.dll at 001b:7c911e58.
Exception handler called in Freespace 2 Main Thread.
Error occurred at 9/18/2005 17:25:02.
C:\Games\FreeSpace2\fs2_open_G-20050722.exe, run by Jordan.
1 processor(s), type 586.
1536 MBytes physical memory.
Read from location 00000000 caused an access violation.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 04:40:11 pm by 3061 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Either

a) Get a newer build from the recent builds forum
b) Remove mv_music.vp (if you have it. If not do a)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Hudson

fso367 be working..lol Although I did have th'latest build at th'time I tried :P
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 06:21:43 pm by 3061 »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
G-20050722 wasn't the latest build anymore by nearly two months :D

Offline Hudson

oh..lol well XP I assumed so when I dloaded cause o'
"transcend requires a fairly recent build o' FS Open - th'20050722 build works fine for me"

Spoiler:
In the mission before Darkness Collides is that screen suppose to flash black before the vasudian crusier blows up? If not  that was a pretty wierd coincedence...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 08:55:07 pm by 3061 »

Offline Kie99

@Hudson

Yes that is supposed to happen.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by Hudson
oh..lol well XP I assumed so when I dloaded cause o'
"transcend requires a fairly recent build o' FS Open - th'20050722 build works fine for me"

Some people either weren't affected by the mv_music bug or weren't using that VP in the first place. I guess Ransom is one of the those if that build worked for him cause I would have had the exact same problem you would have had with that build. :)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Or just get 3.6.7 :p
-C

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That's what he did :p

Offline Hudson

Spoiler:
Ok now IM really wondering if that black out was on purpose ( as it is in the next mission) or if I hit my monitor. Either way it added to the wierdness :P

So far great Campaign

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by Hudson
Spoiler:
Ok now IM really wondering if that black out was on purpose ( as it is in the next mission) or if I hit my monitor. Either way it added to the wierdness :P

So far great Campaign [/B]

Spoiler:
It's on purpose.

Offline Hudson

Thanks

Spoiler:
Ok I beat it :P  Good stuff, I only wish you could save in game lol. It gets a little frustrating after being killed by various cruisers for the 4th time.  The ending was really weird and reminds me of groundhog day only all freespaced out. and to the people askign for a sequel, I dont see how there could be one, but "I feel like theres something important Im forgetting..."

Offline Kie99

According to Ransom, there well be a sequel, at least to Sync, which is in the same storyline as this campaign (I think).

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
There are sequels, but they're not directly related to the other campaigns' storylines. (He told me this himself :drevil: )
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
There will be direct sequels to Sync. Transcend is not one of those, though it is related to Sync's storyline.

Offline watsisname

I just finished the campaign, and it is INMO the best one yet.  As the others said, it's incredibly creepy and downright terrifying in places.  I've never known a FREDer to be able to do that.  Wonderful job!
I did find it slightly irritating how your callsign get's switched around.  There were a few times where I was like, "Wait, which one am I now?"  Other than that -minor- complaint, it's a terrific campaign and you deserve the highest commendation for your work.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Uh-oh.

Can't download from game-warden - it doesn't like GetRight and I don't stand a chance in hell of dling this over 56k without download management. :(

And just to rub it in, looks like the mirror has been officially pwned.

No Transcend for me... :sigh:

Offline Kie99

I'm currently uploading it to YouSendIt.com, hope they support Download managers.  I'll edit the link into this post when it's done.

EDIT: Solitaire, Download THIS, a download manager should work with it, the download will expire in 7 days.

No-one else download it, if you're on 56k and need another link to download from using a manager, PM me and I'll upload another one.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 06:36:32 pm by 1934 »

YouSendIt does not support download managers. You must get the YSI Manager, and I cannot remember where that. It is somewhere on their site though.

If you use getright the download will randomly cut out.