Author Topic: RELEASE: Transcend  (Read 176275 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I agree with you there. Transcend is probably my favourite campaign for FS2 so far :)

Make sure you check out Sync too though. It's got some pretty good reviews too.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry but i didnt have the patience to go through all 17 pages of posts  here.
Spoiler!
Just wanted to ask for a solution to a problem I encounter during the campaign. It's near the begining you flee from the Chrondad and try to get to luytien but those guis jump after you with 2 wings of hercs and a cruiser from wolf sistem . Well after i take out the wings and get the cruiser to about 70% the game crashes and it gives me some error regarding the cruiser and something else. Has anyone ever encountered this problem is there a way to fix it.

Also why cant i hear any of the voices in the game just the music and efects but no speaches no nothing.

Please help.

Also first campaign i've played since Derelict SCP!
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
You've been here long enough to know that if you can't be bothered to post the error message you drastically reduce the chance anyone can help you.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry about that here is one of the error mesages:

Error: Can't open model <cruiser01x.pof>
File:\fs2_open\code\modelread.cpp
Line: 1748

[The filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this excecutable]

Edit: well it doesnt show me the other error message just this one so far but the crashed again. No call stack no nothing
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 08:47:00 am by AlphaOne »
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Dysko

I had a similar error. Do you have the media VPs? I fixed the error downloading them.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Basically the game can't find the model for the leviathan. Yolu're running without a mod.ini and without specifying the mediavps folder as a secondary mod in the launcher right?

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
umm well .....ummm.......say what? Look I know its gooing to saound stupid but i put all that contained the trancednd the patch and the ship table into the fs directory . Also since there is obviously something missing can anyone direct me to where i can find both the meadiavp's ? The mod.ini is there i mean in the transcend directory. I copied the whole directory into the fs root directory and then selected it from the launcher as the mod to use. But still i need some more clarification...aparently.
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Dysko

My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Basically the reason why you're having problems is because Transcend's table file expects to find a model called Cruiser01x .pof. You can find this file in mv_models.

You can either read my FAQ on how to install mods on FS2_Open and see how you'd build a mod.ini capable of finding the mediavps folder or you can simply enter -mod transcend, mediavps into your custom flags box in the launcher.

Of course this will only work if you've installed both Transcend and the mediavps properly.

And for goodness sake stop with this copying everything to the main FS2 folder ****. It really doesn't do your installations stability any good whatsoever.

There should seriously be this link to Kara's FAQ on the home page, in BIG IMPORTANT-LOOKING LETTERS that say something along the lines of: "Read this before asking questions". It'd save a lot of question-answering. And I know there's a link in the "Related Sites" tab, but what newcomer is gonna think to look there?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oki so i downloaded the media vp's entered the comand line in the custom flags that kara told me and it still doesnt work. it gives me :

Error: Can't open model file <cruiser01x.pof>
File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Model\ModelRead.cpp
Line: 1748
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
EDit: Now the launcher wont read the flags anymore. I entered the comad line kara game me then the laucher started
acting funny and gives a error that sais that it cant read the flags for the graphics

EDit2:well i've donleaded the 3.6.9 build both rc3 and rc7 i think it was ! Also for the rc3 i downloaded bot the   mv_alphapatch.rar and the  mv_advalphapatch.rar and also got the 5.4 version of the launcher. Now i'm waiting to see what I should do next. I was thinking of installing them and see what happens!

« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 06:54:50 am by AlphaOne »
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well the model is definitely in mv_models.vp so you've obviously stuffed things up elsewhere. Did you actually put mv_models in your mediavps folder? For that matter where is your mediavps folder?

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well i took the stuff you pointed me to i mean the mp-710_models and the rest and they are all stuffed in a directory called mediavps which is stuffed in the maind fs2 directory!
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
You need the Zeta media VPs not just the 710s. And delete the alpha patches. You don't need them with RC 7 and they'll just cause you problems.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well i started to download the mv_zpack now. its 189 MB in size is that corect? also do i need to download all the other features presented there??? I hope not.....!
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
zPack contains all the other media VPs IIRC. Well maybe not mv_adveffects and mv_cell but those are optional anyway.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok so i've just finished the campaign ! Good job. It was a good campaign altough the ending left me a bit out to dry....but on a scale of 1-10 i would definetly give it a 8.5 . It really  good. Oh and so that you dont feel insulted in any way derelict reaches only 9. So you are right next to it. Anyway enough of this rambling stuff ! Goo job great campaign hope to see more in the future.
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
Methinks ransom needs to get around to some sequels one day, just to fix the plot holes  :D

*unsubtly pokes ransom, and stage whispers "Where's Sync!"*

*Remembers he can't FRED, and looks ashamed* "sorry"  :rolleyes:

Third person is addictive  :D

Ransom's already creating Part 2 of the Sync saga. I don't think it has a name yet.

Transcend was just a side story.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
Sync: Part 2?

Add a caption thingy, and it's all good  :D