Hard Light Productions Forums

General FreeSpace => FreeSpace Discussion => Topic started by: Vortex on February 14, 2002, 07:25:09 pm

Title: Just wondering...
Post by: Vortex on February 14, 2002, 07:25:09 pm
My knowledge of single campaigns is severely limited so if someone already has created this campaign sorry. What if the Shivans never interfered with the Terran-Vasudan War and the war lasted until present Fs2 time with no side gaining any big advantage. You play the invincible Alpha 1 out to kick some Vasudan arse (or vica versa). Assume that somehow both sides have discovered shields, beam weaponary, flak guns, etc. I would think there would be a lot of new weapons and ships since anything Terran-Vasudan would be inapplicable.

Another question: If you could warp back to Fs1 and bring with you any Fs2 ship, fleet, whatever, assuming that the Shivans never interfere, what would you need to bring back with you to make the Terrans the absolute dominating force. Personally I think one fully equipped Hecate would do the job.
Title: Re: Just wondering...
Post by: Nico on February 15, 2002, 07:22:02 am
Quote
Originally posted by Vortex
My knowledge of single campaigns is severely limited so if someone already has created this campaign sorry. What if the Shivans never interfered with the Terran-Vasudan War and the war lasted until present Fs2 time with no side gaining any big advantage. You play the invincible Alpha 1 out to kick some Vasudan arse (or vica versa). Assume that somehow both sides have discovered shields, beam weaponary, flak guns, etc. I would think there would be a lot of new weapons and ships since anything Terran-Vasudan would be inapplicable.

Another question: If you could warp back to Fs1 and bring with you any Fs2 ship, fleet, whatever, assuming that the Shivans never interfere, what would you need to bring back with you to make the Terrans the absolute dominating force. Personally I think one fully equipped Hecate would do the job.


hmm, one hecate? two typhons would eat it...
Title: Just wondering...
Post by: Skippy on February 15, 2002, 11:36:14 am
And 1 Colossus would cut the 2 Typhons in pieces :p
Title: Re: Re: Just wondering...
Post by: Ulundel on February 15, 2002, 12:33:15 pm
Quote
Originally posted by venom2506


hmm, one hecate? two typhons would eat it...


With lasers? You must be kidding?
Title: Just wondering...
Post by: Wildlife on February 15, 2002, 04:52:09 pm
Having the T-V war go on for another 32 years without any shivans and still have flak and beams and shields, sounds a bit erm desperate and silly to me :p.

I think i better story will be to have another T-V war :), with no shivans and depending on Alpha 1's actions during missions actually can change the final outcome of the mission like the terrans win eliminating the whole vasudan race, or vasudans win by creating a terran plague.  :cool:
Title: Just wondering...
Post by: Tar-Palantir on February 21, 2002, 07:06:35 am
Quote
And 1 Colossus would cut the 2 Typhons in pieces


One Colossus would cut the entire FS1 Vasudan Navy to pieces. Acually it might not be able to if the Vasudans start to ram it
Title: Re: Re: Re: Just wondering...
Post by: Nico on February 21, 2002, 07:34:54 am
Quote
Originally posted by Ten of Twelve


With lasers? You must be kidding?


nope: with bombers and harbingers :p
the destroyer by itself is nothing, it's the bomber wings that will make the difference. One Hecate is a joke. Hell, the NGTA would have kept the colossus behind and sent more bomber wings, the first sathanas would have be destroyed as easily.
Title: Just wondering...
Post by: Alikchi on February 21, 2002, 07:36:02 am
I'd have no problem with just bringing back say..4 or 5 Aeolus cruisers, with a single Deimos..beams cut FS1 capships to peices, and the fighters back then weren't made to last against flak and beams..try flying an Athena against a Deimos. You'll understand. (It hurts.)
Title: Just wondering...
Post by: Mad Bomber on February 21, 2002, 02:56:35 pm
I'd agree with Alikchi, except that using that many Aeoluses would be kinda wasteful, seeing as how there were only 2 dozen to start with (most of which were blown away in the NTF war or at Capella).

Personally I think using some [p1mp]GTC Peleus[/p1mp] cruisers would be a viable alternative, especially since they're cheaper yet just as effective :D

(info on the Peleus can be found in my sig)
Title: Just wondering...
Post by: Nico on February 21, 2002, 07:58:24 pm
Quote
Originally posted by Alikchi
I'd have no problem with just bringing back say..4 or 5 Aeolus cruisers, with a single Deimos..beams cut FS1 capships to peices, and the fighters back then weren't made to last against flak and beams..try flying an Athena against a Deimos. You'll understand. (It hurts.)


mmh, try an ursa against a deimos then: dead deimos :p
And the valkyrie owns the perseus :)
Title: Just wondering...
Post by: Grey Wolf on February 21, 2002, 08:03:14 pm
Quote
Originally posted by Alikchi
I'd have no problem with just bringing back say..4 or 5 Aeolus cruisers, with a single Deimos..beams cut FS1 capships to peices, and the fighters back then weren't made to last against flak and beams..try flying an Athena against a Deimos. You'll understand. (It hurts.)
Actually, I have. It's actually quite fun.  Of course, I upgraded it afterwards.
Title: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just wondering...
Post by: Ulundel on February 23, 2002, 06:24:00 am
Quote
Originally posted by venom2506

One Hecate is a joke. Hell, the NGTA would have kept the colossus behind and sent more bomber wings, the first sathanas would have be destroyed as easily.


Hecate won't be a joke if I'm Alpha 1!!!
Title: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just wondering...
Post by: adwight on February 23, 2002, 10:15:11 am
Quote
Originally posted by venom2506


nope: with bombers and harbingers :p
the destroyer by itself is nothing, it's the bomber wings that will make the difference. One Hecate is a joke. Hell, the NGTA would have kept the colossus behind and sent more bomber wings, the first sathanas would have be destroyed as easily.


Not really.  Do you know how long it would take five bomber wings to take a Sathanas?  It would take forever!  (One Helios does MAYBE 1-2% Hull Integrity Damage)
Title: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just wondering...
Post by: Nico on February 23, 2002, 10:17:49 am
Quote
Originally posted by adwight


Not really.  Do you know how long it would take five bomber wings to take a Sathanas?  It would take forever!  (One Helios does MAYBE 1-2% Hull Integrity Damage)


wold be not that long to disable it, and then, bring everything you want et voila.
Title: Just wondering...
Post by: Tar-Palantir on February 24, 2002, 09:27:45 am
It would be the last mission of ST all over again. The Hades there has 4/5th the hit points of the Big C and Big S.
Title: Just wondering...
Post by: Fury on February 24, 2002, 10:27:38 am
Quote
Originally posted by Tar-Palantir
It would be the last mission of ST all over again. The Hades there has 4/5th the hit points of the Big C and Big S.


Put a paperweight on your firing buttons and go for lunch. :D
Title: Just wondering...
Post by: Galemp on February 24, 2002, 10:29:19 am
Oh, I'm so happy! Now everyone's going to use my mod and fly Athenas vs. Deimoses!:nod: