Author Topic: Alien Race  (Read 5225 times)

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Originally posted by Zeronet

Color this guy a little differently and it would look like Baal from the video game Diablo II. ;) :D :devil:
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline LAW ENFORCER

• Turret Fiend
    • http://www.armouredstar.com
I think scary aliens come from the atmosphere they are in rather than what they do and what they are.

The BLOB! is scary! (all of its victims were uspecting and there was that music and the impending sense of dread as you know he gonna die and there ain't nothing YOU can do!) Put th eblob out in a filed on pansies with some jazz and its not scary. Surround a Shivan with 100 terrans with grins on face and it not scary. At least this is my eXPerience....

Do they have hangars?
Conflict GRDLA:
Operation Return To Riker
www.ARMOUREDSTAR.com - the latest site is not finished yet!
[What we have here is the source to the Freespace ENGINE, not the Freespace GAME. By allowing the ENGINE to support all kinds of cool stuff, we're allowing the creation of all new GAMES] - TurboNed

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
Originally posted by LAW ENFORCER
Do they have hangars?

Genius pure genius
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
...Put th eblob out in a...

:wtf: Is that the special net version of the old film? E-Blob? ;)

Originally posted by Sheepy
Do they have hangars?

Genius pure genius[/B]

:wtf: Is that you, Zeronet?? :wtf:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man

Do they have hangars?

:blah:
Got Ether?

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Scorpius

• Artíste
They kill anything that is not part of their subgenus.

wouldn't that a species? :p
Illustrator, inker, editor, letter of FREESPACE MARINES. A comic book based in the Freespace Universe
coming in late march.
My Galleries:
 www.3dap.com/hlp/art/scorpius
 http://www.3dactionplanet.com/redfaction/dp/d/art.shtml

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
« Last Edit: September 15, 2002, 04:16:01 am by 419 »
Got Ether?

You are all stupid!

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Yay, an illiterate.:rolleyes:

yay, *insert comeback here*
You are all stupid!

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
Originally posted by Zeronet
:mad: I dont care anymore, the drawings are gone, because these are *lame* aliens. If i could delete this topic i would.

Was die bumsen is wrong with you? Don't take Ace's words personally...

Now go get an icepack or two...
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
*Sigh*

Dude, if you're gonna give up immediately if everything you do isn't perfect in the first place, you're gonna be seriously screwed over for the rest of your life. Your alien ain't all bad- I've seen worse in major movies. But you're not gonna get something that everyone's gonna like (at least, not without a lot of practice), unless you agree to modify it a little according to what OTHERS wanna see, not just yourself. If you really just wnt to please yourself, and don't give a **** what anyone else thinks, or expect everyone to sit back and agree sycophantically with whatever you do, don't post stuff here. Go show it to, I dunno, your mom or something. If you post here, it's gonna get nitpicked. That's what we do. And if you sort through all the little peccadilloes, and take those ideas you're not totally opposed to, and can work in together properly, you'll end up with a cool-ass alien. Otherwise, your mom can tack it on your refrigerator. Your call.

There's nothing personal in it. You should know that, being a long-time HLPer. Want me to bring up some of the threads where I got not just nitpicked, but utterly TRASHED in? You begin, you're not so hot, you work at it, you get better. Repeat until you can con some poor fool into paying you. Lookit the crap I do now. Look at the crap I used to do. You think I figured out how to do stuff well on my own, with everyone just saying "Oh! Look at that textured sphere! It's perfect! I never thought of THAT!"?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2002, 12:04:15 am by 262 »

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Stryke 9
You think I figured out how to do stuff well on my own, with everyone just saying "Oh! Look at that textured sphere! It's perfect! I never thought of THAT!"?

*applauds*

Dude, I remember that, but wasn't it a cube? :confused:

Yeah, it had to have been, cause then Setekh did this:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
But then again that's not a cube :p (it's a rectangular prism)
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
Hmm... I think I had the cluster of cylinders with a rounded end, and the bastard pen cap I only most recently got to look cool.

Oh, wait, I DID do the cube! I remember arguing over that on about 50 different threads (as I recall, the idea was too revolutionary for anybody to take, I was a visionary, ships in the future wouldn't really have visible details, etc.)! I think I still have the original model on CD somewhere.

Who was it did the "Untextured Sphere of Doom"? Now THAT was cool.:D