Author Topic: Debris?  (Read 1824 times)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Just a thought....would it be possible to randomly add multiple the 'particle spray' type things (the little efffect of sparks spraying from the hull) to ship debris?

also, what about (if not already done) increasing the amount of allowed SHIP debris chunks (I think it's 10 by default), and slowing down the motion for them more rapidly (so debris from destroyed largeships stays closer together, to make neater little fields)? (obv cutting out all motion would look wierd, and you need momentum from the explosion...methinks)

Oh, and allowing more types of debris models for the 'field' (so we can have plently of newly made, proper, varied debris that looks like it's from proper FS2 ships, and not the fairly odd stuff we have justnow)

(aaaggghh - Derbis! :shaking: )
« Last Edit: October 22, 2002, 08:05:04 am by 181 »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Hmh, deformable hulls of sort... Like seen in the FS2 intro when Lucy fires her beam through Orion destroyer.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
this isn't exactly relaited but I think I could get models that have deformed hulls that jitter when damaged, basicly repreduceing the effect of damaged robots in Descent 3.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline LAW ENFORCER

• Turret Fiend
    • http://www.armouredstar.com
Errr... what I got from his post was he wanted a shoer of sparks to spray out from a point on a debris. (at the moment they have that electric thing which ins't quite good but not bad.

Also he wanted big ship debris to say to gethere more by moving slowly...

Which are both great Ideas and I suport them fully...
If he meant what some one else said (unlikely) then above stands for me as a topic derailment
Conflict GRDLA:
Operation Return To Riker
www.ARMOUREDSTAR.com - the latest site is not finished yet!
[What we have here is the source to the Freespace ENGINE, not the Freespace GAME. By allowing the ENGINE to support all kinds of cool stuff, we're allowing the creation of all new GAMES] - TurboNed

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Mr. Fury
Hmh, deformable hulls of sort... Like seen in the FS2 intro when Lucy fires her beam through Orion destroyer.

?

not really... although the idea is that you could have something decent looking if you had 1/2 debris pieces reskinned to look like a dreleict hull.  Not sure if that would work in FS2 well, tohugh.

The whole sparks thing is to make it look as if large bits are still partly on fire, or venting air/fire... ie. dying, not dead.

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
I would love to see a cross between FS2 and Starlancer where it comes to capship erupting......

Few propagating explosions
The 'chain' of explosions
The screen-filling white flash
The ship tears itself apart

Does that make sense?
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline HotSnoJ

• Knossos Online!
    • http://josherickson.org
I'd like to see the explosions that are like the ones 3D Max (the face ones). And debris mixed in.
I have big plans, now if only I could see them through.

LiberCapacitas duo quiasemper
------------------------------
Nav buoy - They mark things