Author Topic: Strange bug  (Read 1711 times)

Offline OldMan

• http://www.lisha.ufsc.br/~tiago
Today I had a curious incident. A capital ship warped in form subspace just facing me.. and while it was still warping I hitted my afterburners to ram it (was tired of playing).. I hitted him before his warping was complete.. but.. well i dint hitted.. I ENTERED him. I stood there .. inside his model... unharmed.

Just had to wait the ship kill itself trying to hit me whit beam weapons of her own.  Seems to be some king of bug with collision detection prevision (maybe because the two ships were changing speed fast while ramming each other.. and placement prediction missed something)

Just wanna know if anyone had ever faced souch..  strange at least.. bug?  That happende once in X-wing alliance too... but that time the star destroyed waped form hyperspace around me.
If brute force does not solve your problem.... you are not using enough!!!

I've never seen that myself... Might be fun to try to reproduce if one gets bored with nothing else to do. A Sathanas would even provide lots of room to fly around in. :)

By the way, the past tense of the word "hit" is hit. I almost had to spoon out my eyes reading that post. :shaking:
The nick is not a typo, it's a pun.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
I once ended up inside a Colossus.

Oddly enough, I could fly out of it.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
It is not a rare issue. That happens quite often when a ship is warping in or out.

Offline OldMan

• http://www.lisha.ufsc.br/~tiago
Originally posted by Terorist
I've never seen that myself... Might be fun to try to reproduce if one gets bored with nothing else to do. A Sathanas would even provide lots of room to fly around in. :)

By the way, the past tense of the word "hit" is hit. I almost had to spoon out my eyes reading that post. :shaking:

well.. if you observe my location.. my mother language is NOT english :) I cannot remember all irregular verbs.. even being english a very simple language at verbs (compared to our 12 verbal times..)
If brute force does not solve your problem.... you are not using enough!!!

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
don't wory you probly speak better english than most americans
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline HotSnoJ

• Knossos Online!
    • http://josherickson.org
Originally posted by Bobboau
don't wory you probly speak better english than most americans

Hey! I resemble that remark! :mad:
I have big plans, now if only I could see them through.

LiberCapacitas duo quiasemper
------------------------------
Nav buoy - They mark things

Originally posted by OldMan
well.. if you observe my location.. my mother language is NOT english :) I cannot remember all irregular verbs.. even being english a very simple language at verbs (compared to our 12 verbal times..)

I hope you didn't take it too hard. :)
You do speak quite well, and I totally agree with Bobboau - according to my experience, your english is indeed better than that of most americans. :D
(If you observe my location, it isn't english-speaking either. Fortunately, we are taught english from 3rd grade onward (8-9 year old), and I've always had a natural knack for it - something I'm very happy about.)
The nick is not a typo, it's a pun.

Offline pyro-manic

• FlambĂ©
Originally posted by HotSnoJ

Hey! I resemble that remark! :mad:

:lol:

That hasn't happened to me, but I've had several transports dock with capships from the inside (Moloch and Iceni). That was kind of weird.
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
With docking, it's a bad pathing issue, simply put.  I wasn't aware that the Moloch had such problems as well (I fixed the Iceni) but it doesn't surprise me.  As for the bug of winding up inside a capship, I've encountered it all to many times.  Mod capships seem to have the most trouble, but I couldn't begin to tell you why converters like to corrupt faces.  Sometimes it can happen if the ships are moving really fast and especially if the collision occurs at a vertex (place two identical and symmetrical capships facing each other along a FRED axis and tell them to exit hyperspace from those points at the same time; they will fly right through each other about every time).  Not much way around this bug I'm afraid.  And, I should mention, you can always get out if you wind up inside a ship.  The faces are one-sided so you can fly back out through any part.  Unless you are running in hardware acceleration mode, in which case your card may be rendering both sides of all the polygons.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Pimp that dock-fixed Iceni!