Author Topic: player turrets?  (Read 2077 times)

Offline Edwin

would it be possible to incorporate a feature that allows the player to fire certain turrets.  (ex. a new tag that makes turrets player-conntrolled and a new bind for fireing player turrets?)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
thats a cool feature of combat flight sim 3. i wouldnt mind seeing it in freespace.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Raptor

Slightly off topic, but I've been meaning to ask;

Does anyone know why gun turrets on your craft never make any sound?  The turrets on the other craft in the wing, all the same craft, play the 'firesound' sound, but those on your craft don't.:doubt:
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
IIRC it is hard-coded that turrets on a player ship are made to be silent so as not to annoy the player.

Offline Raptor

Originally posted by Petrarch of the VBB
IIRC it is hard-coded that turrets on a player ship are made to be silent so as not to annoy the player.

hmmm, maybe I'm odd, but I find it more annoying that thay ARE silent.

BTW, what does IIRC stand for? (only one I haven't figured out)
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

• Koala-monkey
If I Remember Correctly :)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Raptor
hmmm, maybe I'm odd, but I find it more annoying that thay ARE silent.

A few minutes of it being turned on might change your mind :lol: Seriously though I do remember someone saying they were going to allow turrets to make sounds but at 1/2 or 1/4 volume to see if it did annoy people :) If you do it and give the player the option to turn it on or off it shouldn't be a problem :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline diamondgeezer

I'd like player turret sounds enabled --> my SA-43 looks daft otherwise

• Koala-monkey
How can sound change how something looks?

Offline diamondgeezer

Stone Cold: I am trying... to keep... my temper...

Crowd: Lose it! Lose it!

• Koala-monkey

Offline diamondgeezer

As in 'do not point out my stupidity, I will get annoyed'

• Koala-monkey
It is my purpose to point out stupidity. :p

Anyway, that's what the EDIT button is for.