Author Topic: do you guy's need a N-1 starfighter?  (Read 6660 times)

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
do you guy's need a N-1 starfighter?
obviously we are focusing on the main trilogy as timeline, and the naboo starfighter can't be compared to most of common fighters, as it probably is a slower, more maneuvrable, lighter fighter than the z95, but surely it could be possible to have some modified fighters in use in the external system by pirates, mercs or others

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
There might have been two points for the Naboo when they decided to construct N-1s:

1. Have something everybody calls 'firepower'
2. Cheap, and manufacturable.

If you wanna use the N-1, it would be practical to model at least one trade federation droid ship, because it would rather look comical than serious when an N-1 is behind a TIE Interceptor, and pursuing it.(or reversed, TIE behind N-1)
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Originally posted by TopAce
There might have been two points for the Naboo when they decided to construct N-1s:

1. Have something everybody calls 'firepower'
2. Cheap, and manufacturable.

If you wanna use the N-1, it would be practical to model at least one trade federation droid ship, because it would rather look comical than serious when an N-1 is behind a TIE Interceptor, and pursuing it.(or reversed, TIE behind N-1)

mabe theres hope for my SWep:1/2/3 addon to this with missions and stuff after all.;7
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
If someone'll make 'em, we'll use 'em. Truth be told, If someone was to get this in game as a SW fighter (Leaving the droid on) they'd be about a quater of the way to making a Ep 1 Mod pack. All you'd need other than that would be Trade Federation Battleship/Freighter/Droid Control Ship, TF Fighter (Slightly more complex Texs than the N1, but nothing the XWA texturing tutorials dont cover if you're clever and adapt them) And probably the Queens Cruiser. Maybe a TF Dropship if they were feeling really busy. You could do the Final battle (Objectives such as take out turrets on the Droid control ship, survive, Cover Anakin etc.) The Queens escape from Naboo (Again, destroy turrets before she arrives, also maybe take out some TF Fighters) etc. etc. Not precisely accurate to the movie, but then neither was the Ep 1 game iself.

'Twould be a cool little side project if anyone was willing to take it up, but unfortunately Stargunner it's not something the current team are looking at doing at this time.

But there's always the possibility of finding another willing, warsie forumite...
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Additional work for the Star Wars conv. team. New models, textures, missions, more megs.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Originally posted by Black Wolf
If someone'll make 'em, we'll use 'em. Truth be told, If someone was to get this in game as a SW fighter (Leaving the droid on) they'd be about a quater of the way to making a Ep 1 Mod pack. All you'd need other than that would be Trade Federation Battleship/Freighter/Droid Control Ship, TF Fighter (Slightly more complex Texs than the N1, but nothing the XWA texturing tutorials dont cover if you're clever and adapt them) And probably the Queens Cruiser. Maybe a TF Dropship if they were feeling really busy. You could do the Final battle (Objectives such as take out turrets on the Droid control ship, survive, Cover Anakin etc.) The Queens escape from Naboo (Again, destroy turrets before she arrives, also maybe take out some TF Fighters) etc. etc. Not precisely accurate to the movie, but then neither was the Ep 1 game iself.

'Twould be a cool little side project if anyone was willing to take it up, but unfortunately Stargunner it's not something the current team are looking at doing at this time.

But there's always the possibility of finding another willing, warsie forumite...

I know of a ship that was in the Clone wars for that stuff It's from a Comic. It's like a Tie but with the engenes of a Y wing and the little Xwing stlile laser guns mounted on the pod, I could draw it up if someone would model it. We got that Assault ship from Ep:2 and we can use later on the Victory class, and then the Tie fighter after that to replace that older one I told you about. As for other ships look at the Starfighter games for XBox or PS2. they even got some nice Missle frigets for the TF to use.
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Erm, the SW universe has a lot of ships in it, if you go off on Uglies, you'd be nearly doubling the number of fighters.

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
agree, i'd like to see a TB, an yt1300, a gallowfree transport or a nebulon B before anything else except what we are already working on