Author Topic: Guess what I got for my birthday?!  (Read 2414 times)

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Guess what I got for my birthday?!
Mph, fantasy ****. Actually use that thing the handle'd take your ****in' hand off before you did anything.

Really, if you're buying nonfunctional weapons because you saw something like them in a fairy tale movie once, you could spend the same money on a tiara and frilly dress and convey precisely the same message to your friends without looking like a fool to boot.

Mind, my cheapass wakazashi has a severe risk of the blade flying off in mid-thwack and the machete isn't exactly capable of that whole stabbity action that's rather important to the knife thing (even if you can shave with it), but it's the principle of the thing, dammit!

Those real katana's are damn hard to break.  My dad has one that his dad took off a japanese fighter in WWII.  He says that the sword took a shotgun round and is still razor sharp.
Can the reason that we fear the unknown be that we know ourselves too well?       -The Outer Limits

<*)}}}><  HAPPY FISHIE!!

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Originally posted by demon442
Those real katana's are damn hard to break.  My dad has one that his dad took off a japanese fighter in WWII.  He says that the sword took a shotgun round and is still razor sharp.

I saw one exactly like you are describing on Mail Call (history Channel show) the other day :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2003, 02:29:42 am by 675 »
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Yeah, but the $30 kind are so flimsy the handle is just screwed-on stacking.:p

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Well, mine cost a lot more... :doubt:
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
i bet you want a REAL Battleaxe eh, Tiara?:p
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
Originally posted by Stryke 9
Mph, fantasy ****. Actually use that thing the handle'd take your ****in' hand off before you did anything.

Really, if you're buying nonfunctional weapons because you saw something like them in a fairy tale movie once, you could spend the same money on a tiara and frilly dress and convey precisely the same message to your friends without looking like a fool to boot.

Mind, my cheapass wakazashi has a severe risk of the blade flying off in mid-thwack and the machete isn't exactly capable of that whole stabbity action that's rather important to the knife thing (even if you can shave with it), but it's the principle of the thing, dammit!

Well, the only thing that makes the sword non functional is that its not sharpened, that can be easily fixed. Its a real tempered sword, so the blade wont fly off if you play around with it. But my question is, why play around with it? What do you need real sword for anyway? I'm happy with this, be it sharp or not.
I have returned... Again...

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
that, and the local authorities might have a little problem with  people waving blades around, sharpened or not:p
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
i got 3 katanas those swords are very old 500 years and they belong to my familys history we all moust lost them 10 years ago
after that we hide them
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
let me geuss, wherever you live, they have a strict 'NO LARGE SHARP, POINTY OBJECTS ALLOWED - lest the be ginsu knives' or somesuch?:p
   //Warning\\

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
no we did it because so many wanted to buy them :p
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
ah, the old "no selling of family hierlooms" thing eh?

fair enough..
   //Warning\\