Author Topic: Deimos, with side rotating turrets?  (Read 1029 times)

Deimos, with side rotating turrets?
Would it be posible to make a Deimos that has the 4 side rotateing turrets,with 2 on each side. Like they show on the back cover of FS2? I would love to have that one, it's more fitting to have them on, and it would match the tech info better I think. Was there a model of this made alreddy?

Eddit: dose the SCP support side rotateing turrets yet?  :confused:
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
There was a model made of it...from the early FS2 multiplayer beta test.  Dang that was an interesting time.

I'm not sure if they worked properly (I don't remember) and I think Kazan already tried to replicate that with standard FS2.  So it was taken out of the code...not sure if we can do something better?
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If I understand correctly rotating side turrets caused huge problems for FS2s collision detection routines. In the end [V] decided to throw the whole idea out and pretend like they had never planned to have side turrets at all. Unfortunately it seems like no one ever told the art departmen :D

To be honest though I've got used to the deimos as it is now and I think the side turrets looked a little crap anyway (Not to say that I wouldn't like side turrets on new mods :D )
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]