Author Topic: small very annoying problem...  (Read 1601 times)

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
small very annoying problem...
Ok, ive been working hard on this one mission, and I created a wing called Libra. Afterwards I decided I didn't need the wing, so I deleated it. Now when I save the error checker tells me

Ship "Alpha 1" in wing should be called "Libra 3"
When I cycle through the wings editor there is no libra, but in the Ship Selection function theres a wing called Libra and the ships within the wing is Alpha 1, what is going on here...?

"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Check that Alpha 1 is marked as 'Player Ship' and look for any sexp's that reference Libra.
If that doesn't help open the mission in WordPad and do a search for Libra. That at least will tell you where the problem is, if not how to fix it.

------------------
"An evil mind is a constant comfort."
Revisit the Great War at The Freespace-Freespace 2 Port Project
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
erm ok apperently you can only have 99 objects?
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Don't know about that, but 99 is a heck of a lot for one mission, both in gameplay and system usage. I think FRED2 is trying to tell you something there.

------------------
"An evil mind is a constant comfort."
Revisit the Great War at The Freespace-Freespace 2 Port Project
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
If you need 99, you're either packing 'em in or failing to give the illusion of lots more... if you're doing a fighterbay sorta situation, you realize that wings can regenerate, yes?

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
I know its 99 because when i opened the mission in the text file the last object was 99 and it wouldn't let me create another object, and i know wings can regenerate... but it really dosn't fit the scenario

Projects;