Author Topic: Matrix: Revolutions trailer!  (Read 2043 times)

Offline diamondgeezer

Matrix: Revolutions trailer!
Well I think an0n hit the nail on the head - at the end of Revolutions, Neo will wake up in his apartment and say 'whoa, what a strange dream...'

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by diamondgeezer
Well I think an0n hit the nail on the head - at the end of Revolutions, Neo will wake up in his apartment and say 'whoa, what a strange dream...'

aka 'the Dallas effect'

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
That would suck.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
AKA "Tell a Story."

;7
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

When Neo touched the source, his mind seperated from his body.  He now exists between the Matrix and Reality.  So he is capable of sensing the machines, but is also vulnerable to EMPs.  So there wouldn't have to be a Matrix within a Matrix in order for the events at the end of Reloaded to occur.

BTW, I think Smith is in the same situation.

If they do end up with 'M inside M', my opinion of the writers is gonna drop.  Coz it's the first thing everyone thought of.
'And anyway, I agree - no sig images means more post, less pictures. It's annoying to sit through 40 different sigs telling about how cool, deadly, or assassin like a person is.' --Unknown Target

"You know what they say about the simplest solution."
"Bill Gates avoids it at every possible opportunity?"
-- Nuke and Colonol Drekker

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
Originally posted by kode

I hope it's something supersmart that noone has thought of.

Sarcasm? 'cause seriously, the stuff in the Matrix (the first two) is totally unoriginal. I watch only for the pointless violence.

EDIT (forgot to put my thoughts about the trailer): Very cool special effects :D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2003, 07:13:15 pm by 179 »
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman