Author Topic: Minor Fred Annoyance : Subsystem repair ceilling  (Read 1064 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Minor Fred Annoyance : Subsystem repair ceilling
Could whoever is fixing FRED next (most likely Taylor from the sound of it) do me a favour and make the Subsystem repair ceilling box in FRED default to something other than 0%? As far as I can tell if you open a mission created in an older version of FRED that didn't have this feature it sets the percentage to 100%. If you create a new mission from scratch the number is 0% though.

In standard FS2 the support ship would fix broken subsystems as well as rearm you but unless the mission designer remembers to adjust this value support ships won't do this any more.

I just spent about 20 minutes scratching my head wondering why the support ship would repair a damaged ship in a mission I was FREDding until I noticed that the box was set to zero.

I'm not certain what the correct number for the box should be as it's been a long time since I called in a support ship to repair a destroyed subsytem but I know it's more than 0% :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 10:00:48 am by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
I'll add this to my list.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

Might be worth FREDders who are using the new build checking for this as it caught me completely by surprise.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]