Author Topic: SCP Trailer?  (Read 4252 times)

Offline Axem

Really? GMail's FAQ says 10MB Max. If that isn't the case, I wish to learn more. :)

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Huh, I'm sure I had a pretty big attachment... Well, maybe I didn't recive, but sent it...
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
I think it's arbitrary on the recieving end, but limited to 10mb on the upload.  There aren't any web services that allow attachements that large, so the number of attachments that Google is looking at over that size is pretty minimal.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

If you guys need FTP space, I can give you 50MB.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
If you're serious about this, If you want to, just do the video and the speech and I'll do a more 'complete' version of the Freespace Music to go over it?

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
put in parts where it's like the 1997 re-release of star wars commericals, with the a screen showing old and new.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

How about a scene showing an old school herc being blown about by bob's HTL one?

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
This'd require a bit of video editing, but how about showing an original version of a fighter in FS2 flying along, then as it gets close to the camera, morph it into the hi-poly SCPified version. (Using the new set-camera-position and set-camera-facing-object functions, say, SEXP a fighter to fly past, record it once with retail textures/model/effects and once with the SCP versions)

If that could be done with retail nebulas in the "before" part of the anim and LS's nebula in the "after part", that'd look bloody awesome. :D
-C

Offline Axem

I was also thinking something along the lines of that. :D

I've edited my first post with a list of clips needed. The general script is show shots from FS1 and 2, then quicky shift it into high gear with the SCP and user-made mods and other uber cool stuff.

kasperl: I'll keep that in mind. :)

Flipside: Excellent, now I don't have to talk you into it. ;)

If you need the space, be sure to PM me, I might not check this thread very often. If you guys can somehow work out a way to do something very computer-power intensive on a machine located half-way around the globe without the user of that machine having to do much but click a button, I'd be quite willing to let my main rig (AMD64 3k+, 1 GB DDR, R9800Pro) run a program for you guys.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm