Author Topic: Is env-mapping working properly?  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Is env-mapping working properly?
ive been gone for a while and ive just started playing again

i noticed that the reflections on the myrmidon's cockpit are all small and non-reflective looking, theyre more like little colored dots.  ive noticed the effect on other ships too.  Is this an issue or is it supposed to be like that or what?

tur=confused
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
everything works fine for me.
but I've kept my cats at 4.4
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

The envmapping looks too oily, IMHO.
My Sytem

Wer das liest ist doof!

It might be due to Lighty's mapping.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Hush you!:p   There's nothing wrong with lighty's maps.  The ambient reflectivity is just a little higher than we're used to.  I hardly notice the "non-reflective" bits when I play.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
An optional float parameter to the -env and -alpha-env flags that controlled how intense those reflections were would perhaps be nice, or you could just go through and lower the relative max on all of the alpha channels on Lightspeeds maps.  The latter, of course, would be the easier solution, but perhaps not as practical in the long run.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I thought there was an optional parameter.........or was that only for spec?