Author Topic: Question  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
    • http://www.freewebs.com/neo-terra
The Sol system, it has no nebula(s) right? So does anyone have any problems with just staring at stars and not having any at all?
Just wondering since a few missions in Solar Wars takes place in the Sol system and I am not sure if I should tempt fate and leave them out or put them in.
Freespace 2: Neo-Terra - My Freespace 2 website that holds my completed FS2 campaigns.

Darkness Rising - Current campaign I'm working on.

Mission Designer for the Wing Commander Saga.

CURRENT PROJECT: Darkness Rising, WCS
COMPLETED PROJECTS: Neo-Terra, Unification Prequel, Solar Wars Chapter 1, Deep Blood, Return to Neo-Terra (Part 1).

Offline Lynx

No prob for me. Maybe a few subtle, dark blue nebulas, but not more except planets.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Depends. They were there in the final FS1 cutscene...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Yes, there are some faint dark blue nebulae in the FS1 end scene.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
If you're willing to forgo blurring stars, you can get an awful lot of mileage out of high quality skyboxes as well, even without nebulae.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
....how about adding the Milky Way as a nebula - or as BW suggested go skybox, though that's more work.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
MindGames sticks to reality and will not use any nebulae. I thought it would be something you would not like, but it looks like I was mistaken.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
Originally posted by Flaser
....how about adding the Milky Way as a nebula.

I forget where i got them, but there already is a "milky way nebula".
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta