Author Topic: I Need Help Instaling .Bin Files!!  (Read 937 times)

I Need Help Instaling .Bin Files!!
Nevermind then, it was just an easy way to check if a certain file got downloaded with out corruption, but I can't remember where to get the software.

Anyway, try what Karajorma said, a minimum install.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Yea I already tried that. It copied all the files but still asked for CD2... oh well

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Download this file, unrar it to your Freespace2 folder. It will overwrite the files you have with the cracked no-CD 1.2 versions.

Basically it's the 1.2 patch and the solution to the asking for a CD problem rolled into one :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

hmmm I dont quite understand karajorma. are you saying I should add that file to the directory where im installing FROM or that it should go where I install  the game. cause if you mean the latter, then that wont work because it asks for the cd2 during install.

*EDIT: I attempted to complete a basic install and simply copy the folders before the installer could roll back when it couldnt find CD2, this worked. However, after I unziped the files from your rar into the Freespace 2 directory and ran the game, it crashed and displayed a bunch of error messages that were talking about missing files.

Im realy begining to think that nothing will work. I just dont understand though. Why is this hapening to me and not the people that are seeding the file??(unless they are seeding it knowing it doesnt work)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 08:43:56 pm by 2669 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
What I meant for you to do is do a basic install and then copy those files over the versions you have.

Now that I think of it though that may not work because now the game would expect everything to be on the HD.

Try that and tell me what files it complains about missing.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Originally posted by kasperl
Nevermind then, it was just an easy way to check if a certain file got downloaded with out corruption, but I can't remember where to get the software.

Google:
http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/md5sums/
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM