Author Topic: Revenge: Final Conflict translation  (Read 18167 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
Revenge: Final Conflict translation
where's the download link to RFC?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
Yeah, but ive already set my mind to many other things already. I got my version of RFC from that really long thread i think it wa called "Need Infomation About Revenge Final Conflict", but apprently all the links are down. Ive got the campaign on a cd, might have uploaded it to my site but i cant remember.

German Version of RFC

It's the original Version.. it's buggy and it doesn't function in SCP completly (2 or 3 Missions can't complete, a few Weapons have no affect or don't function.. In Vanilla FS2 all things run fine)
And it's complete German!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 06:44:00 pm by 1821 »
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
well duh. :p

*gets it downloaded in 2 seconds*
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Deepstar
it doesn't function in SCP completly (2 or 3 Missions can't complete

Did they work in retail? If the performance is different in retail and FS2_Open then this is something you absolutely must make a bug report on if you haven't done so already.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

*argues about 56k*

This campaign brings a new root_fs2.vp and I think that causes these problems. Perhaps extracting the tables helps.

I'll try to play it...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 03:54:12 am by 2738 »
Here goes scripting and copy paste coding
Freespace RTS Mod
Checkpoint/Shipsaveload script

I have a bug report ;)

I must say, that i never play RFC with Retail.. only hear from Darkwarrior (Creator) that RFC run on Retail fine.

The SCP Version will be bugfixed and will have little Mods like LS's Nebulas in it.
It's a Camapaign from the "before-SCP-era" it's from 1999 or 2000 when i'm remeber correct, so there are no Mods like new Ships in it.. only new Entrys in the two Tables Weapons.tbl and Ships.tbl.

I get it really late.. it was already 2003 or 2004 and there i have already found the SCP for FS2 ;)

| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

I'm working already on Revenge Chapter 1, but i have a small question.

I use Lightspeeds Nebulas in this Mod and uses Planets from "The Babylon Project".

But now i have a Problem, the Base File with the standartfiles (JPG Nebulas/Planets and Mod Files) have ~20 MB (in RAR Format) and the High-Quality VP (TGA Files of Nebulas and Planets) has 44 MB in RAR Format, in VP Format this Files have 42 MB for Base and 188 MB  for High-Quality.

But i haven't so much Webspace :(

I need someone who can host it later.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 02:36:45 pm by 1821 »

Offline Kie99

Try Game Warden, according to MP they will give you 20GBs.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Re: Revenge: Final Conflict translation
Well, one more reason to be happy to be a german ^^

PS. I'm an A Student in english and technical english and proof read some books in english up to now.

What are those translations like? Is it just plain text or do I have to use some special editor.
If it's the first I might be able to help out :)

This is either a bug or I made a mistake with the install

When I want to start missions, the weapons loadout is minimal.

I wanted to start mission 3, I got the report that I have access to a Cyclops 2 but my ship selection was ... odd. I had a Ulysses by default, stripped of all weapons and only a Tornado Missile and 3 types of lasers. The other ship choices where Zeus and Medusa. No sign of this bomb I was promised to get.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
the goddamn quotes won't work for me atm. >_<

Goober5000: Well, Deepstar and Turkey (i forgot his username) are/were translating it. I also never got around to fixing the mission bugs.

@ Everyone else: Post in the "Report Revenge: Final Conflict Bugs Here" thread so I can get to them.