Author Topic: Issues with all campaigns  (Read 2465 times)

Issues with all campaigns
In both Derelict and Transcend I've encounted a problem with the game crashing.  I'm ~10 missions into both (not an exact number), and now the mission will load halfway and then crash to desktop.  They were workign fine until this... any ideas?

Offline Kie99

Retail or SCP?  If SCP, then what build are you using?
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

SCP... 3.6.7 (goober's build i think)

Offline pyro-manic

• FlambĂ©
Have you got all the files you need? Are you using any media VPs?
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Have you tried a debug build?  There is one for Goob's 07-28.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

This may or may not help anyone, but this is the error I got when I ran it in debug mode (trying to play derelict)

For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find VCTILE1A-glow.ani or VCTILE1A-glow.pcx.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find xTrim2.ani but I did find xTrim2.dds.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find xTrim2-glow.ani or xTrim2-glow.pcx.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find VCtile7A.ani but I did find VCtile7A.dds.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find VCtile7A-glow.ani but I did find VCtile7A-glow.pcx.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find VCtile6A.ani but I did find VCtile6A.dds.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find VCtile6A-glow.ani or VCtile6A-glow.pcx.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find VCTILE2A.ani but I did find VCTILE2A.dds.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find VCTILE2A-glow.ani or VCTILE2A-glow.pcx.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find VCtile3A.ani but I did find VCtile3A.dds.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find VCtile3A-glow.ani or VCtile3A-glow.pcx.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find Vcmapa.ani but I did find Vcmapa.dds.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find Vcmapa-glow.ani but I did find Vcmapa-glow.pcx.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find VA-ripped01.ani but I did find VA-ripped01.dds.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find VA-ripped01-glow.ani or VA-ripped01-glow.pcx.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find VCtile5A.ani but I did find VCtile5A.dds.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find VCtile5A-glow.ani or VCtile5A-glow.pcx.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find VCTILE4A.ani but I did find VCTILE4A.dds.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find VCTILE4A-glow.ani but I did find VCTILE4A-glow.pcx.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find SobekTurretBase.ani but I did find SobekTurretBase.dds.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find SobekTurretBase-glow.ani or SobekTurretBase-glow.pcx.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find SobekTurretArm.ani but I did find SobekTurretArm.dds.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find SobekTurretArm-glow.ani or SobekTurretArm-glow.pcx.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find cruisertile1.ani but I did find cruisertile1.dds.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find cruisertile1-glow.ani or cruisertile1-glow.pcx.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find VCmapB.ani but I did find VCmapB.dds.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find VCmapB-glow.ani but I did find VCmapB-glow.pcx.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find VCmapC.ani but I did find VCmapC.dds.
For "corvette2v-01.pof" I couldn't find VCmapC-glow.ani or VCmapC-glow.pcx.
Loading model 'fighter2t-03.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'fighter2t-03.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum:   59332783, IBX checksum: 1156232931 -- "fighter2t-03.pof"
For "fighter2t-03.pof" I couldn't find fighter2t-03A.ani but I did find fighter2t-03A.dds.
For "fighter2t-03.pof" I couldn't find fighter2t-03A-glow.ani but I did find fighter2t-03A-glow.pcx.
For "fighter2t-03.pof" I couldn't find glass.ani but I did find glass.tga.
For "fighter2t-03.pof" I couldn't find glass-glow.ani or glass-glow.pcx.
For "fighter2t-03.pof" I couldn't find Tercoc01.ani but I did find Tercoc01.tga.
For "fighter2t-03.pof" I couldn't find Tercoc01-glow.ani but I did find Tercoc01-glow.tga.
For "fighter2t-03.pof" I couldn't find Tercoc01-shine.pcx
For "fighter2t-03.pof" I couldn't find THRUSTER01.aniFreeing all existing models...

I just tried transcend and I pretty much get a much longer list of the same type of things....

Offline Kie99

Try removing your media VPs.

which ones are the media vps?

I seem to have it down to a far more specific error now... now it just says it can't find the "new hornet.pof" model.  I also got the "can't find cruiser01.pof" model but I was able to fix that.

What do I do to correct this?

In the worst case scenario, it means your pilot campaign file or pilot's main file is corrupted. You'll have to start over, but don't do that until all else fails, and back up your pilots frequently.

Oh wait, it could also be a bug in the campaign. I know I had trouble with a few Derelict missions loading, so I used the original file instead of BR's for those, seemed to work.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 05:34:38 pm by 2743 »

the one issue is it happens in both derelict and transcend... exact same error... it would seem fairly unlikely that both campaigns have the same bug

Offline Kie99

Media VPs are the ones with MV at the beginning of their name.  Although I tihnk you need to download Lightspeed's weapon effects.

ugh, okay, i got through that error by moving my mv_models and mv_effects back into the main fs2 directory.  I'm at what seems to be the final mission in transcend, and it now gives me an error that says I'm missing the "GTF Kelpie.pof" model.  Any advice here.

Sorry for all the confusion.

Offline Kie99

THe GTF Kelpie.pof is in the Transcend .vp, are you running Transcend with the MOD command line?  You should be.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Right. The problem here is most likely one I was getting in FRED a little while back. Neither Glass nor THRUSTER01 are in the media.vp files.

Put the media VP files back (Transcend seems to need them) and simply open spark_fs2.vp with VPView (Check my FAQ or HLP's Downloads section for it). Extract fighter fighter2t-03.pof to your Data\Models folder and try the campaign again.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]