Author Topic: Strange mission problem  (Read 973 times)

Strange mission problem
I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place, but I have no idea where else to post it

After flying Dunkerque about 20 times, and every time losing Lamda 2, I was getting completely frustrated and stumped... I cleared out every last threat with no problems whatsoever, so how was I losing the shuttle?

So this last time, I stuck a bit closer to Lamda 2 and paid a bit less attention to the Shivans... low an behold, I find the Messana is the one shooting the hell out of Lamda, with no enemies in sight! wtf is up with that?

Strange mission problem
noone has any idea why I'm getting this odd behavior?

I know it's not part of the mission script... after watching this happen a couple times to be sure that was indeed what was happening, I went and searched around for strats on this mission and not one made any mention of the Messana being a problem

I know I'm not the most liked person around here, but I do try to be helpful as much as possible... I just want to figure out why this is happening and get it fixed so I can complete the game

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Strange mission problem
I myself have not encoutered this problem, but I haven't played through the main campaign in a while, and not with a recent build.  At present, FS2 has been rather sluggish on my system, so until I upgrade my specs, I'll be restricting my Freespacing... but I digress.

I have however, encountered an odd problem of FS2 apparently ignoring IFF.  Every time I play the mission from the Port v2.3 when you're supposed to capture the HOL cruiser Ramses, but the Taranis crashes the party, the Shivans don't fire on the Ramses like their supposed to.  They shoot at pretty much anything else, but not the Ramses.  Maybe this is another symptom of the same problem... FS2 deciding to change IFF of a ship without being prompted to do so by scripting.  The Ramses becomes (or is seen by 'Hostile' ships as) Hostile rather than 'Neutral', and a similar IFF change is taking place in your situation.  Either Lambda 2 is becoming hostile/neutral, or the Massana is.  Take another look at the mission and see if there is a change in IFF of either ship.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!