Author Topic: FS mission archives  (Read 3860 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
hey! you post-stealer, i wanted to post that first! :p

but yeah, they're up, even the FS1 category for campaigns, including the awesome Destiny of Peace. (maybe if the mission converter worked i'd have some fun with it in FS2. :p)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
hey! you post-stealer, i wanted to post that first! :p
:wtf: You're six days late. :p

but yeah, they're up, even the FS1 category for campaigns, including the awesome Destiny of Peace. (maybe if the mission converter worked i'd have some fun with it in FS2. :p)

It works.  Just verrrrry sloooooooooowwwwwlyyyyyy.....................
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 09:08:34 pm by Goober5000 »

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
Ah, this sucks. Hopefully people have those campaigns stored elsewhere. Titan Rebellion especially was an excellent campaign.
Wuzat about?

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Someone should download whatever's left on the VA archives before they're lost forever. It's a valuable piece of FS history, and should be preserved imo :)

Offline Nuclear1

Ah, this sucks. Hopefully people have those campaigns stored elsewhere. Titan Rebellion especially was an excellent campaign.
Wuzat about?

I can sum up the plot as Silent Threat: Freespace 2 edition, in terms that it's about an intelligence-based revolt, but the quality and balance is the best that I've seen in a user-made campaign.

It was just... never... finished... which really bites, IMO.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 04:59:05 pm by nuclear1 »
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I can sum up the plot as Silent Threat: Freespace 2 edition, in terms that it's about an intelligence-based revolt, but the quality and balance is the best that I've seen in a user-made campaign.

Hm, well I played it the other week and thought it was a little cheesy, and one or two missions were grossly imbalanced.  It was decent, but I don't think I'd give it more than a 3.5 or 4 (out of 5).

In any case, when you're ranking campaigns for balance and quality, don't forget about Derelict, Aeos Affair, and Warzone. :)

Offline Nuclear1

Really? I found the missions to work extremely well for me. Which particular ones were imbalanced? I'll give to the fact that the huge numbers of bombers tends to get a little unbelievable, but otherwise I found it well done, especially the TAG mission.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Really? I found the missions to work extremely well for me. Which particular ones were imbalanced? I'll give to the fact that the huge numbers of bombers tends to get a little unbelievable, but otherwise I found it well done, especially the TAG mission.

The bombers are exactly it.  The one where you have to defend the Moloch against about 50 of them, plus a Sobek and Hecate, is quite frankly impossible on anything above Easy.

The one where you have to fly in a straight line for 20 km just to scan a Pegasus with no lifesigns is both boring and frustrating.

The TAG mission, on the other hand, I thought was great. :) It was my favorite mission out of all of them, and the balance was pretty decent too.

Offline Nuclear1

The bombers are exactly it.  The one where you have to defend the Moloch against about 50 of them, plus a Sobek and Hecate, is quite frankly impossible on anything above Easy.

I found this one a challenge, but not necessarily impossible. All it requires is being a little more conservative with Trebuchets until the big ships show up. I actually remember beating this mission on the first run on Medium.

The first nebula mission was admittedly a little boring, but as the recommendations show, it was there to introduce The Ship™. I liked the challenge of fighting without shields for a change.