Author Topic: Of bump and normal maps  (Read 2750 times)

Of bump and normal maps
Quick question, 2 actually.

Does the SCP support bump-mapping? And does it support normal mapping?
Derek Smart is his own oxymoron.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Re: Of bump and normal maps
Nope
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

damn
Derek Smart is his own oxymoron.

Bump Mapping would help a lot Planets, specially my Earth Model, at least for Lower LODS where 3D Bump are not needed (no one will like a 50,000+ Polys of the Earth with mountains and all that, at least not from far away...it would be a waste).

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
I seriously hope that they're working on putting this stuff into FS. The potential for awesomeness would increase tenfold. A pity that the SCP team is stretched so thin...
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
There are plans to incorporate normal maps, but definitely not until Bobbeau's Materials System is completed and implimented.  After that, features such as normal maps will be more easily implimented.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Where is Bobbaou anyway? AFAIK, he's the one who came up with most of the really cool improvements to the engine (I'm guessing I just pissed off a lot of hard-working coders by ignoring their contribution, sorry) but I haven't seen him around in a while.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
dude I'm like right here.

though I haven't actualy done much over the last nine months (well there's some cool (to me, probly not to you yet) stuff localy, but I havent commited anything sence early summer at the most recent)
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together