Author Topic: Which is more fun?  (Read 1965 times)

Offline rcrph

From the large number of missions/campaigns available for TBA, it begs the question.  Which is the most fun and rewarding for you, playing missions or creating them ?
Better living through chemistry

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
For me, playing them..  :D

The only missions I tend to make are to test ships, weapons, etc  :p
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
creating a mission and than seeing how smooth everything works is most fun for me...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

both is great, and i like doing everything in tbp, models, graphics, missions and the rest :)
it is a shame that i dont have enough time to do all the stuff that i like :(

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Creating missions is rewarding but not exactly fun. In fact it's quite hard work sometimes. Then again I never make life easy for myself by giving myself easy missions to create. Playing the final version though is always fun because you're getting to see what you want to see played out on-screen. It's your vision of what a space combat game should be all about. I remember the first time I tried the moon landscape used in Ride of the Valkyrie, the ground attack mission from RW. Dogfighting the enemy Zephyrs above the ground I actually felt a little sick. I'm thinking "Yes! Awesome! Vertigo!" :D. I think that sums up why campaign making is so much fun, even when it is hard.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
Mission making can be a long drawn out ordeal, takes a lot of testing and altering to get things the way you want them.  But its final piece of work, and if its done right its enjoyable to play :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline rcrph

Wow, the above responses are from the BIG guns in the TBP universe.  I personally like to dable at mission creation even though I'm just a noobie.  FRED allows you to create your own galaxy.  It's easy to lose a lot of time with this baby.
Better living through chemistry

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Personally I love FREDding much more than playing. It can be hard work (And even harder if you're a FREDder who likes to push the boundries of what people think FRED can do) but I love to push myself in that way cause I consider it a challenge :)

Plus there is nothing like playing a completed mission that you made yourself :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]