Author Topic: ObjectTypes.tbl  (Read 3432 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
WMCoolmon, or whoever implemented that table, you are a legend. VA started experimenting with it (a useful habit he has :D) and figured out how to make our Aesir Blastboats work. In short he made Big-Guns-In-Front AI just by fiddling with a few table figures, and it's amazing. The Blastboats do what I've always wanted them to do - it's... damn near perfect.

You guys, particularly whoever implemented this table, deserve an immense pat on the back (as does VA for figuring out what I was far too dense to understand (and still kinda am...))
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
You know, that objects table is oh-so-very cool. Not only can we (TI) now get caps to ignore each other and fighters, but WMC just made blastboats/gunships ten times easier to Fred. :D

http://sectorgame.com/ti-file-dump/VasudanAdmiral/Objecttypes.tbl

^If anyones interested, that table will allow you to specify a "Blastboat" flag for a ship - where the "cruiser" or "freighter" would normally go in the ships table. It's basically bomber AI with a capship hull - and it acts as such. Just about the main points about it are it will not broadside, and it can fire using the pilots guns just as a bomber can.
It usually tries to make strafing runs on its target, but it's a bit clumsy and tends to run into things. :\

Also in that table, both ignore commands now work on all capship types. :)

Edit: Changed d/l link.

WMC:  8) :yes:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 04:34:15 am by Vasudan Admiral »
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
This deserves its own thread. :) I know TBP at least would be very interested in this.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Hooray for TI Sharing its Gunship AI!

And hooray for great old thread bumpage!
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline EAD_Agamemnon

• Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very Fuzzy Was He?
Nice. Now how to get this to work? I'm using 3.6.7 atm but 3.6.9 wont even startup...and I have the media vp patches.

EDIT: I assume you dont need to FRED to get this to work correct? Just some table tweaking?
"Never start a fight, but always finish it."  - Captain John Sheridan
-------
In Diffucult Ground; Press On
In Encircled Ground; Devise Strategems
In Death Ground; FIGHT!

Sun Tzu on The Art of War circa 400 B.C.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
You don't NEED FRED for anything. Just use notepad.

That being said, I'm a good modeller and a bad texturer, not a FREDer. I'm conscripting my little brother into learning it so that he can make the missions for my campain. :D
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Some of the settings may influence FRED settings (eg allowed orders) so if you want to make use of those, you'll have to use a newer FRED build.
-C

Offline EAD_Agamemnon

• Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very Fuzzy Was He?
Okay, how do I implement this table to work. I'm still a little fuzzy on this point. Do I need 3.6.9 (which absolutely refuses to cooperate with me atm)? At this time, I'm fidgeting around to make the norm FS2 campaign interesting (replacing fighters and bombers with miniature warships and such).
"Never start a fight, but always finish it."  - Captain John Sheridan
-------
In Diffucult Ground; Press On
In Encircled Ground; Devise Strategems
In Death Ground; FIGHT!

Sun Tzu on The Art of War circa 400 B.C.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
It's been in CVS for a few months, so you should be able to get by with something slightly pre-3.6.9RC.
-C

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
cool, i didnt know this feature existed. nukemods gonna give it a good using.

do i have to specify the default ship types or does it add to them?
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
From... http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Objecttypes.tbl

Note that objecttypes.tbl is fully XMT-compliant, with the suffix *-obt.tbm. In addition, the retail hardcoded types are being ported over to the objecttypes.tbl via an in-code table. So if a mod wishes to expand on the original types rather than replace them entirely, it should use a modular table file rather than a normal .tbl. Otherwise the in-code table will be ignored in favor of the one included in the mod, and the retail types will not be loaded (unless the mod includes them in its .tbl)
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light