Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Juke

My name's Jeremy and I'm addicted to studying, writing and revising code. I'm a senior developer for a prepaid wireless company in the U.S. and I specialize in the design and implementation of scalable client-server application frameworks. When I'm not developing software at work, I'm usually at home reading and revising game engine source code just for fun (I'm currently knee deep in Quake 3 and FS2 Open).

Recently, I've worked with Karajorma and Taylor in an effort to begin debugging and fixing Freespace 2 multiplayer/network issues. The process has been so enjoyable, in fact, that I've decided to analyze and document the FS2 multiplayer code with the intent of providing something useful to the community.

Professionally, I develop primarily in a linux environment using C/C++. Privately, C will always be my preferred language on any platform. I'd like to continue debugging and resolving FS2 multiplayer issues as a SCP developer because I enjoy the challenge presented by the project. I'll certainly never claim to be a guru by any means, but I am a quick study and I'm excited at the prospect of making useful contributions here. Thank you for your time and your consideration.

Jeremy Lee - “juke”

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ooh. :)

:welcome:

Sounds like you have everything under control. :) Let us know if you need anything. :)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Well internal access might be an idea :) I've already submitted some of his code to CVS too but I don't want to keep stealing his glory/blame :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
We deffinitely need a person willing to tackle the multiplayer code. :D

If you want to jump into the deep end pretty quickly Juke, then let me know and I'll drop the new FS2NetD code on you to help me out with.  Due to time constraints on my part I may not have time to finish it all this week, in time for 3.6.9.  The code is about 98% done, with most the user side being in that 98%.  What's left is some Linux specific work, and a hell of a lot of debugging.  I just don't have time to do it all (to my standards anyway) right now, and if it's not at least 99% bug free by the end of this week then it isn't going to make it into 3.6.9.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll get you a diff of the current code. :)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

I was willing. I just never had the time :p

But I agree that more coders is a good thing. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline blackhole

• Still not over the rainbow
  • Destiny can suck it
    • Black Sphere Studios
Wish i had time to help with the project, like getting rid of its incessant hatred for spaces in paths  :D

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
From what I've heard mentioned on the Network code, I certainly hope the Force is with you Juke :)

Welcome aboard :D

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well internal access might be an idea :)

*smacks head* Done. :)

Offline Juke

If you want to jump into the deep end pretty quickly Juke, then let me know and I'll drop the new FS2NetD code on you to help me out with.  Due to time constraints on my part I may not have time to finish it all this week, in time for 3.6.9.  The code is about 98% done, with most the user side being in that 98%.  What's left is some Linux specific work, and a hell of a lot of debugging.  I just don't have time to do it all (to my standards anyway) right now, and if it's not at least 99% bug free by the end of this week then it isn't going to make it into 3.6.9.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll get you a diff of the current code. :)

That sounds good, Taylor. Hook me up with that diff and I'll see what I can do.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i wonder if il get special privliges now that theres a programmer with a name that looks like mine :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
That sounds good, Taylor. Hook me up with that diff and I'll see what I can do.
Ok, the info is headed to your PM inbox right now. :)