Author Topic: Big guns attacking fighters  (Read 1337 times)

Big guns attacking fighters
Could it be possible to add a flag such as "attack fighters" so that big guns will also target fighters (assuming there are no higher presidence targets)?  This way it won't break existing and will allow Saga and my mod to bring their big guns to bear on fighters.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Re: Big guns attacking fighters
I think you could just add cap or bomber flag to the fighters to archive that.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline DarkShadow-

• Machina Terra
Well, if you want the big guns to fire at big ships and small ships, why don't you simply remove the "huge"-flag from the weapon ?

(hmm, ok, that would make those weapons unable to destroy the big ones)
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, isn't 'Eureka!' but rather 'hmm....that's funny.'" Isaac Asimov

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
There is a sexp to direct target precedence, but its limited to "asteroids, bombs, ships" as the options.  It would be useful if similar sexps existed to further refine target precedence, down to classes of ships, or perhaps even specific ships, or perhaps sexps to ignore certain specific ships.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!