Author Topic: Jag Älskar Dig - A Love Story  (Read 1391 times)

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Jag Älskar Dig - A Love Story
A Basic Synopsis:

Its a gay love story written in the third person. It takes place in post-apocalyptic Norway. It was inspired by a favoirte death metal song of mine. No, this is not a joke.  :nervous:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/2/18/789890/Jag%20%C3%84lskar%20Dig.doc

If you are offended by such things please do not read it, but please realize that there is nothing beyond a PG-13 rating in there so far. It is 10 pages long and is not yet complete. I will update the file and edit this post as I add more chapters. I realize I may get a very small or nonexistant response to this but I'm just throwing it out there.

Enjoy!  :)
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Re: Jag Älskar Dig - A Love Story
Are you sure that it's called 'jag älskar dig'? I only know the expression 'Jeg elsker deg', but maybe it was some sort of local dialect, or something.

Uh, I didn't read anything.. I just wanted to point that out  :D

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
IIRC "Jeg elsker" is Swedish. Norwegian is quite similar. I did a bit of research before naming the story. :)
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Apparently, 'jeg elsker deg' is norwegian bokmål language, the writing one...
I think that 'jag älskar dig' is swedish.

Sorry for this off-topicness, anyway :D

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Its alright, I dont think I'm gonna get any relevant replies here! :p

And yes, after crosschecking with a few more translators I do think youre right now.

One of them even says "Jeg elske du"... where is kode when you need him?

I guess the point is that its Scandanavian and its the most widely recognizable. But thank you for bringing it to my attention, I may have to change a few details in the story. :)