Author Topic: the Media VP betas... has there been a fix yet?  (Read 3379 times)

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
the Media VP betas... has there been a fix yet?
I'm speaking of the lack of beam energy balls on about a dozen or so beams. Most of the antifighter beams seem to have them, but all the large, really impressive ones are missing them. I know other people are having the same problem, so I was wondering if there had been a fix yet, or if we'll have to wait until the final 3.6.10 release.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Re: the Media VP betas... has there been a fix yet?
I never encountered this problem . . . Probably because I don't have thd advanced effects vp ?

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
There has been no official fix (and there will not be one).  This is a known issue.  I believe it is caused by the fact that for some of the beamglows (energy balls ;)) had their .eff file put into the VPs but not the actual texture files.  This can be solved in one of two ways.  1) Go download Bobboau's beams from somewhere and put the missing effect textures into mediavps/data/effects or 2) Modify the tables so that they use the non-adveffects beamglows.  Personally, I prefer 2 in some situations as the non-adveffects beamglows are much more detailed than the ones from bobb's beam pack (what the AdvEffects use).  Particularly for the Shivan one.

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
There has been no official fix (and there will not be one).  This is a known issue.  I believe it is caused by the fact that for some of the beamglows (energy balls ;)) had their .eff file put into the VPs but not the actual texture files.  This can be solved in one of two ways.  1) Go download Bobboau's beams from somewhere and put the missing effect textures into mediavps/data/effects or 2) Modify the tables so that they use the non-adveffects beamglows.  Personally, I prefer 2 in some situations as the non-adveffects beamglows are much more detailed than the ones from bobb's beam pack (what the AdvEffects use).  Particularly for the Shivan one.

Blah. It wouldn't be so hard if I knew where to find Bob's stuff at. I'd go the second route, but I hate hate hate messing with tables.

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
It's not that hard
Bob's effects

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
It's not that hard
Bob's effects

My savior. I'll be making use of this as soon as I get on my gaming computer.

edit: oh, beautiful. Working fine now, thank you.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 10:12:37 pm by Ghost »

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Cobra asked if I could post my set here:
http://www.sectorgame.com/ti-file-dump/VasudanAdmiral/PurdyBeamSet_V1.1.zip (Copy paste the link)
It includes new effects for all non AAA beams.

I hope to eventually redo all these effects again, since I've learned a lot since first making them. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /ti-file-dump/VasudanAdmiral/PurdyBeamSet_V1.1.zip on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities