Author Topic: Space: Above and Beyond: searching modding Team  (Read 2524 times)

Offline Nagrach

• Just another Freespacer
Space: Above and Beyond: searching modding Team
I'm a big fan of the old Sci-Fi Show "Space: Above and Beyond" And I would to make a TC ... or a mod for FSO. But this isn't little work. Also I can't Moddeling. And working direct on the engine (if needed) I cannot too. So I search some Guys who can this and help me. I'm pleased about EVERY help.  And at least I haven't so much time for this project.
THIS PROJECT IST NOT UNDER DEVELOPMENT YET. I' havent any change without help to do this.

More Informations will follow.

HELPERS NEEDED:

3D Moddeller
Programmer
FREDDER (also I can Fredding a little)

P.S I'am German so don't wonder about any mistakes in this text ;)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 07:52:53 am by Nagrach »
Crabby the crappy crab crap.

-273 °C. Finally a place where I don't need to sweat.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Space: Above and Beyond: searching modding Team
Good luck.

Welcome to HLP!

I did a search on the boards here and found this thread. Getter Robo G was working on some S:AAB ships some time ago but I don't know what became of his project.

:welcomeblue:
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
it collapsed when it turned out that a number of his assets were taken from another project. IIRC
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Nagrach

it collapsed when it turned out that a number of his assets were taken from another project. IIRC
I'want do this.... thankds fpr the welcome. I will hope here are someone with time to help me. OO

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
CORRECTION:
-------------------
 1.) It was Diamond Geezer's project.

2.) I was merely "assisting". AFAIK Galemp did some texture tweeking (TY!)

3.) A few models were from HW1 but only 2 made it in game as placeholders but he jumped the gun with screenies before I asked for permission (as I told him to wait till I sorted things out).

4.) There was confusion because they (HW1 Team) were claiming another modder's assets as their own as well, and they too were in the wrong (Borg142 and his models had no dealings with them).

5.) It was handled poorly by all sides. DG and HW1T were trading words before I became aware there was even an issue.

6.) I still have all the assets, including questionable ones and don't give a crap at this point. However I have slowly tried to replace them bit by bit.

7.) I am in the same boat as you and since no one qualified in the various aspects stepped in to fill DG's shoes I let it quietly die down. I have too much on my plate as it is and no skills to progress them.

Nuff Said...
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Nagrach

Hmmm I have a good friend (he lives only 2 Kilometers from me away) who can moddel.. want to ask him to help me when I see him the next time... so.. @ Robo... we can try this together again?

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Tell you what:

A.) Find a scripter (this person is NOT necessarily a Fredder). This determines all else needed.
B.) The existing models now (except for the CVR I permissioned from sci-fimeshes.com) are low poly, so your friend would likely have to remodel or scratch model equal quality ones to match. Is he up to that?
c.) Mods, especially TC ones, are a long haul effort. Are you willing to suffer years of frustration and RL interruptions for both you and you team members?  If so, grats!

Not trying to drive you away, just trying to educate.

;)

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Nagrach

I know, that it makes a LOT of work. Seen bye the BSG, TBP an lots of more TC's.

This is my problem; I'am actully searching for a TEAM and that means programmer (scripter), moddeler, fredder...

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
It's hard to find good artists and coders, with nothing done yet.

I'll speak for the artists here when I say: Good artists usually join projects that already have good models, textures and effects.
"Usually" because you can also attract people if your project excels in some other way. I.e. a great story, innovative gameplay, impressive music, or maybe great concept art, or even by having a complete game design document (simple but true).

Without anything done, it's very very difficult to find people to join your project.

You can't model and you can't code/script. So what would you do for the project?
Start doing it and try to convince other modders to join your mod by showing them some quality work in whatever area you can.

I hope I was able to help you a bit with this. ;)
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Read the Teeth of the Tiger thread, from the beginning to what it is today to see how stuff evolves from a "First working model, unfinished", to a pretty busy mod with some 6-8 active or semi-active members.

hope I was able to help you a bit with this.
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
You can count on me with FREDding after I'm done with watching this movie ^^
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline Nagrach

@ shivy: thanks but at the moment I don't know how fredding without models^^

I thin I will try moddeling ... I haven't ever done it.... Can anyone say me some Tutorials... and Programms if possible freeware ;).

For the Plot: My Idea is that the player is stationed onboard the USS Eisenhower, and the Campaign will start  with the attacks  on Vesta and Tellus, and end *spoiler* with the first battle of "Operation Round Hammer"

aaaaaaand here is a fan site with some Technology informations: http://www.spaceaboveandbeyond.be/

The last few days I was ill and so didn't can continue with this... but I haven'T no support yet so I have... hmm nothing until yet.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 05:48:20 am by Nagrach »

Offline Nagrach

Ok, now I have a program and try to model by myself^^.