Author Topic: PCS2 does not work, black screen  (Read 1631 times)

PCS2 does not work, black screen
PCS2 is not working for me, i tried all the 2.* versions and also the collada special build.
The central window remains black even when clicking "show grid".
I tried to load different objects but they do not appears.

Is there some alternative editor? Can POF be created directly with some other tool?

Re: PCS2 does not work, black screen
No, PCS2 is the only tool there is. Well, there's PCS, but I don't know if that one is still available, and it's quite outdated by now.
What operating system are you running?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The center screen remaining black even after loading a model, that's something I seem to have as well. Resizing the window usually helps.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
I wonder what kind of objects are you trying to load. COB? You have to make hierarchy and all that stuff, otherwise model won't appear. Well, at least I solved this problem this way. Every model has to have a light attached to it. Should help if you haven't done it.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Also make sure that your model isn't super small or super huge.
That window only renders things within a certain zoom/size range...
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Yea and it won't show things like planets in skyboxes as they are on a plane unless you rotate.  Zooming in/out should show any model no matter how small or large. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
pcs2 likes to **** up if the aspect ratio of the view port < 1. :lol:

really i think the contents of the right side pane needs to be moved to the bottom.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline dragonsniper

• Master of the Irrelevant
    • Steam
Another piece of advice is to make sure that the model has lighting on it. If you don't, then nothing will appear, and on occasion it will crash. It took me forever to figure that out. :lol:
Do or do not, there is no try...
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Here's another option, use PCS1 first and unless the model is overly complex or there's something dodgy with the geometry it should be able to handle it in theory (that and hundreds of conversions prove my POV)...

:nervous:

Anyway now that I have a semi working version of PCS2 I go in reverse:

PCS2 first, then PCs1 as a "Hail Mary" tactic...

[EDIT]

Oh and I found something, even if you attached a light, once I opened the cob again in TS and resaved the model after cliking on an exterior light , then the grouped model again.

It appeared instead of being black like it was before...  Weird.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:30:30 am by Getter Robo G »
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
when using truespace its better to use the scn format. cob is kinda funny about how it groups things (otherwise its pretty much the same format).
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
funny, I (one of the two developers on the project) virtually never use the scn format.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
my usage of scn goes way back to the pre pcs1 era (you had to use cob2pof and the fsmodmanager). if you model a model entirely in truespace and you save it as cob, everything gets put into a group called selection, which can really screw up hierarchy. format wise its exactly the same format, only difference is the way its saved, scn just saves everything on the grid while cob saves whats selected and sticks it all into a new group.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 07:04:26 am by Nuke »

Nuke's Scripting SVN