Author Topic: New Shivan Theories  (Read 17480 times)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Steam
-They have a weird subspace link that allowed to transmit this intel to the hulk of the fleet?
-The Knossos was open during the great war?
-A few remnants of the first Shivan incursion were still roaming in GTVA systems or hiding in uncharted nodes and returned to tell their friends about the collapsed node and bla bla.

You see... I can come up with acceptable theories about how can the Shivans know about us being able to collapse nodes, and those theories will be as valid as yours trying to prove the exact opposite.
el hombre vicio...

-They have a weird subspace link that allowed to transmit this intel to the hulk of the fleet?
-The Knossos was open during the great war?
-A few remnants of the first Shivan incursion were still roaming in GTVA systems or hiding in uncharted nodes and returned to tell their friends about the collapsed node and bla bla.

You see... I can come up with acceptable theories about how can the Shivans know about us being able to collapse nodes, and those theories will be as valid as yours trying to prove the exact opposite.

the lucifer was blown up in subspace,which was at the fore-front of the attack, there were no other shivan ships in the node at the time, so all they know is the lucifer blew up, and the node collapsed. Therefore, there is no link direct link to, "the lucifer blew up and the subspace node collapsed, the puny humans definitly can do it too! the shivans have no reason to assume the GTVA has the capability do something, especially with their limited resources, even after the first epic fail of the meson bomb. its probably safe to assume that the shivans were not all knowing, as it took them time to track down the locations of Sol and Vasuda Prime. It can alsobe be assume from the previous point, that since the shivans themselves had multiple juggernaugts, that the GTVA could have had multiple Colossus-class ships seeing as they punced on collie, hard. even super-avanced cybernetic xenocidal aliens can be suceptible to the fog of war, until you can prove to us otherwise. And how does an open knossoss portal in the great war mean the shivans know that the GTVA can collpase a jump node?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 01:05:16 pm by Paladin327 »

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Steam
even after the first epic fail of the meson bomb.
Yet they could try it again, from this you can assume Terrans know that given an enough explotion you get a collapsed node.

Or asume Terrans are stupid and like blowing up stuff in front of subspace nodes for some bizarre party-thing they've got.

its probably safe to assume that the shivans were not all knowing, as it took them time to track down the locations of Sol and Vasuda Prime.
that, or they were just destroying all our outposts before setting course to our homeworlds.

And how does an open Knossos portal in the great war mean the shivans know that the GTVA can collpase a jump node?
getting transmitions through subspace nodes is possible to Terrans so I can assume that Shivans do this as well.
el hombre vicio...

getting transmitions through subspace nodes is possible to Terrans so I can assume that Shivans do this as well.

and that is assuming that lucy and friends even knew about the knossoss

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Steam
Well they had to come from somewhere right?... and given that the bulk of the Shivan armada was on the other side of the Knossos...
el hombre vicio...

circumstantial at best. i think you're also giving the evil xenocidal aliens too much credit. thats along the lines of saying "this store was robbed and there's a gun store down the block, so the gun must have come from there" i'm pretty sure the GTVA would have made a note of a subspace corridor in ross 128 going between gamma drax. they probably woulda also noticed a similar phenomena in g-drax when it was discovered. but they didnt notice the knossoss, possibly do to its inactivity. give the puny little humans some credit, will a?