Author Topic: This is a cool virus  (Read 2519 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: This is a cool virus
I've also noticed an increase in detection in old programs even old DOS ones.  Happened to have a server drive go bad about a month ago that contained most of the files from my BBS days.  It was mirrored but I backed it up to a local drive while waiting on replacements anyway.  Ran a scan last week and AVG was tossing stuff to quarantine left and right.  None of it changed in 10 years.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yep.

Plus, if you have one of those commercial virus scans, they have a certain obligation (to their marketing department more than anything) to let you know that Something is being Done. So you get lots of info popups with logos on them telling you of something that needed to be done. Like, for example, false positives. Which are a nice, because unlike false negatives, they don't cost anything in terms of liability.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
except when they damage your files by quarantining/deleting important stuff.  i know, i know, just tell it to ignore.  well mine didn't give me that option for whatever reason that time.
I like to stare at the sun.