Author Topic: Question about using custom ships.  (Read 2844 times)

Question about using custom ships.
I am in the process of making a campaign and am ready to start Fredding (have about half of campaign competely scripted out, about 23 missions). My question is when I am pulling custom ships from other people's campaigns do I need to get the maps? And if I do, how can I tell what maps i need to get? In FRED when I use a ship with just the POF file it shows up fine without any maps. Am I going to have to get any programs that will tell me what maps a POF uses like maybe POF construction suite? I'm sure I will have more questions at some point, but thanks for the help.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Question about using custom ships.
You need to open up the model in PCS2, look at the texture list, and copy all maps referenced (including the -glow, -shine and -normal variants, if any exist) into your mod's maps directory.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

You need to open up the model in PCS2, look at the texture list, and copy all maps referenced (including the -glow, -shine and -normal variants, if any exist) into your mod's maps directory.

So I will have to get PCS2. Thank you. I'm guessing I will have to do something similar with weapons also, but it seems the laser glows and stuff like that are listed in the table files. Are those going to be enough?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Everything you need to know about a given weapon can be found in the weapons' tbl entry.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Unless, of course, you're using models, but it's relatively rare for primaries (basically nonexistant outside custom ballistic weapons) and used mostly for secondaries.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I meant "everything you need to know". Meaning that you can get all info about the weapon, including a list of almost all assets used by the weapon (unless it uses a model, in which case PCS2 is your friend again), just by looking at the tbl entry.

I'm now having a problem trying to run .12debug. It keeps saying "WARNING: "Weapon explosion 'capflash' does not have an LOD0 anim!" at weapons.cpp:180". If you want to take a look at the debug log, it is here.

http://pastebin.com/3GjpPSgu

My checksum on Rootfs2 is not the same as in the Wiki. Can that be causing any problems?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 12:26:31 am by tcolli17 »

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Hi!
Looks like you're trying to use a custom muzzle flash effect!
Those need to be defined in mflash.tbl / xxx-mfl.tbm!
Would you like to do that now?

Yes <
Yes

/annoyingpaperclip
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Why yes.

Also, I just saw that capflash is included in the advanced media vps. should I add those to my effects folder because I don't want to use the Advanced features..... slows down the frame rate.

Should I just pull that table from where I am getting the Weapons?

Offline Droid803

Yeah well then you should copy over the specific entry in the -mfl.tbm then.
(´・ω・`)

Well that didn't work. I got the Weapons from the Blueplanet wep.tbm. Then I just copied that mfl.tbm, and still has the same problems. When I run in regular mode, it runs fine but it keeps giving me that my mod has 46 or so errors. I am trying to run debug to see if i can figure out what they are, but it kicks me out of the program when it comes across this.

I might just erase this effect from the tables. Will have to takeout the flash radius line also.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 01:05:22 am by tcolli17 »

Offline Droid803

Oh wait you should be copying the bits from the -wxp.tbm, I misread the error last night >.<
(´・ω・`)

Oh wait you should be copying the bits from the -wxp.tbm, I misread the error last night >.<

Capflash isn't included in that tbm. The 4 effects that are in there come up with the same thing about not having a load ani. Where would I be able to find the "LOD0 anmi" for the capflash?

Offline Droid803

did you copy over the effect?
cause if its missing the LOD0 anim that must mean it can't even find the effect? donno.
(´・ω・`)