Author Topic: Multi-monitor HUDs  (Read 1588 times)

Feel free to delete this if normal members aren't supposed to reply to this, but are HUD tables for setups like Eyefinity and NV Surround resolutions planned for the 3.6.13 build (so the HUD isn't stretched, and just limited to center monitor)?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
They are supported already.

But only in code, to get multi-monitor resolutions working you need appropriate tabling done. I haven't got a clue how support for such will be provided for average users. To make matters worse, how are modders supposed to know what resolution someone is running the game in and have their custom HUD gauges working in their mods for such resolutions? It is already a huge problem for single-monitor resolutions, but multi-monitor setups create an utter mess of an headache.

I better split this into its own topic.

They are supported already.

But only in code, to get multi-monitor resolutions working you need appropriate tabling done. I haven't got a clue how support for such will be provided for average users. To make matters worse, how are modders supposed to know what resolution someone is running the game in and have their custom HUD gauges working in their mods for such resolutions? It is already a huge problem for single-monitor resolutions, but multi-monitor setups create an utter mess of an headache.

I better split this into its own topic.

Alright, thanks. I did find a thread about it here some time ago:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=69858.120

Specifically, Hurleybird's post. He's using 3x1920x1200 monitors, and I'm using 3x 1920x1080 monitors.

I did try copying his code and changing what I thought was most necessary (mainly the crosshair/reticule) from a gameplay standpoint, however my HUD was still stretched, so I'm guessing I'm using the wrong build and the one I'm using doesn't allow this. I'm running "fs2_open_3_6_12r_INF_SSE2.exe"

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Yes, not supported in 3.6.12. You'd have to use either Antipodes 7 or 8, which are both testing builds, so use at your own risk.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?board=97.0

If you need help with tabling the HUD layout, I suggest to use this topic: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=72205.0

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
we want a video!!!!!!!
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Would it be possible then to have a rear facing monitor for bombers to view fighters behind you? Would it be then possible to have a two player bomber with a rear facing anti fighter gun turret, or a single player with a rear facing missile bank?

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Fury, the HUD code is already in trunk, so a recent nightly build would work fine.  Antipodes 7 is already missing some of the recent HUD gauge bug fixes, and Antipodes 8 probably shouldn't be used just for getting the HUD working.  Nightlies are the best bet for this now.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays