Author Topic: Access restricted  (Read 6066 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I keep getting an Access Restricted page like the one attached to this post. Does it have something to do with me opening up several tabs to various threads on HLP?

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 07:52:55 am by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
CloudFlare? Those are the guys who have been restricting my access to here by sending me to an Access Restricted page almost every time I do something.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Nothing to do with theme or login issues and hence topics split. You're getting that because your IP-address is suspected of being a spammer, zombie or some other probable source of crap. Or your browser is sending suspicious data. Of course, it can be a false positive too.

I've switched CF security level from high to medium. Please give it 30 mins and see if you still get that message. I'd still double check if you're hit by a trojan, virus or other kind of malware, just in case.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I got this on my phone, but only while I was in Tampa, FL... Odd.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I gave it a day, and everything seems to be okay now. Thanks for the pointer. :)
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i'm also getting denied on my desktop, but not laptop.  it says

The owner of this website (www.hard-light.net) has banned your access based on your browser's signature (ad479fb2-bl1). (Ref. 1010)

and there's a bunch of bullet points below like my ip address and timestamp and whatnot. 

wut? o.0  i ran a quick spyware check and all it came up with was a few tracking cookies.  using the same browser and settings as this laptop i'm using now.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Does your desktop and laptop share same IP-address? Does it happen if you simply use another browser? What about if you disable browser addons?

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
ok firefox lets me in.  both are behind the same router, so yeah they should have the same IP.  i don't use any addons with IE.  i guess i'm just going to have to remember to use firefox for this site.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
In that case I'm fairly certain it'a software issue on your end. Whether it is a malware or not, I cannot say.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
well the only thing that's changed since i last was able to get on is location, but my laptop works fine with the location switch.  verizon's internet must be doing someting really weird