Author Topic: flaming sword  (Read 4966 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I use the Ptah in A Flaming Sword just for the fun of it.

Whenever I play it on Insane, however, my wingmen will always collide with me in the first two seconds and make me lose 1% hull.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Steam
I've had troubles with this mission myself, not troubles winning since I can take down the shivans myself, but as some of the users have said...

I've seen the corvette doing nothing at all while I was beated to death, and my wingman were useless, they died in the first 2 seconds even giving them orders to attack before the shivans arrived.
The second wave of maras (after the first meson fails to destroy the knosos) does nothing at all, they just fly around happily while I shoot them down.
I don't recall this kind of problems, but It can be because of something I did different too.
el hombre vicio...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
well I play on insane level even on SCP the trebuchet aren't available and I fly the defeault fighter for that specific mission.

This is rarely a good idea in the Vasudan missions.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

I know this is an old topic ... but I've had the same problem. The Corvette only fully engages part of the time - most of the time it starts to fire and the stops - it won't even defend itself against attack. When that happens I don't get the secondary mission objective complete for luring the fighters back even though I lured them back and got the "they have engaged you message".

However I did get it the secondary mission objective complete message on two attempts and then the Corvette engaged and destroyed the enemy fighters. So I think there is a bug on maybe some of the lower difficulty levels. I was playing on medium and yes I eventually passed by simply engaging the Astaroths and not worrying about the Corvette, but if this is a bug it should probably be looked at.