Author Topic: Feature Idea  (Read 2186 times)

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

So, I was doing some edits.

And it occurred to me how much of a pain in the ARSE it is. You can section edit easily enough, but if you've scrolled down a long ways (like on the Ships.tbl page) and you need to edit section spacing or something that doesn't have a section Edit, you have to scroll ALL the way back up to hit edit.

So, I was thinking. Making the left side a static fixed object that doesn't move with the page. And the top navigation bar (page, edit, discussion, user info) and maybe the Title non-scrollable. Then the only part of the page that would scroll would be the div id "bodyContent".

Additionally, maybe if when you hit "Edit" it puts the wiki-editor at the bottom as a fixed object and you can independently scroll the page above it or scroll within it.

Thoughts?
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Sounds like good ideas to me, though I have no idea if it's easily doable in the Wiki framework.

I for one would like it