Author Topic: X3:Albion Prelude - Reveal Trailer (Surprise new release from Egosoft)  (Read 4806 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Re: X3:Albion Prelude - Reveal Trailer (Surprise new release from Egosoft)
I noticed a prefference, but I did have "blow up convoy" missions the other races given me for terran convoys.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mikes

Re: X3:Albion Prelude - Reveal Trailer (Surprise new release from Egosoft)
Mhhh so I tried it... and seriously... this is basically X3TC all over again with some minor cosmetic changes, except that it's missing a boatload of features that were actually included in X3TC (most prominently, all the X3TC plots).
(i.e. only additions appear to be "war zones" near the Terran frontier + 1 more (short and disappointing 08/15) plot (without any highlights or memorable moments at all)).

... and the "war zones" look like a limited ripp off from the community made race response fleet mod...

In short... if you ever played a X game then you know pretty much 99% of what you will find here. (And the 1% that you don't know is lackluster and disappointing lol.)

(Also... after seeing little else but some extra freighters/yachts that no one in their right mind would use and a few new graphics for racial equipment docks (that frankly should have been included 2 releases ago)...  the "30 (!!?) new ships" appear to be some kind of joke as well... Let's just say they managed to hide them really well so far LOL.)

Oh and the plot... looks like I'm not the only one who is disgusted:
Spoiler:

Quote: "In summary, the argon are psychopaths and the rest of the commonwealth shrugged and said Okie Dokie."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 11:23:36 am by Mikes »