Author Topic: GVB Sekhmet  (Read 6082 times)

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
  • maveric modeler, the sky is just the begining
well, since I need some practice, and its one of the few fighters/bombers left, and the least curviest I think, I guess I will give a crack at this bird, I will proably have a pic of the start tomorrow, and give me a bit of wiggle room, I have no idea how this will turn out, but knowing me, it should be a decent ship in its own right, though it may look rather different, and feel free to give ideas, and heres the pic from the wiki of course

and dont worry, I can uv it, though, the texture is another matter

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Good for you! By the way while not confirmed, the PVB Sekhmet is based on the SB Nahema. Have fun modeling.

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Go for it dude, that one has been sorely tempting me for months as I have another heavy vasudan bomber in dire need of replacement for inferno as well. Some concept art has given me some very good yet dangerous ideas but those would only fit a completely different ship. This bomber has a lot going for it in the original texture, I recommend incorporating those lines in the overall design. Feel free to embellish them of course but try to strike a balance between implied texture shaping and your own concepts and you can't go wrong. I would also recommend looking at the Hesat for some ideas as it has some similar design concepts most notably in the weapons pods.
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok thanks for the idea BB, also is there a place with FS2 concept art? that might be helpful. also I may end up going after the seth too, as its not that overly curved, and who knows I could make something interesting out of it, just remember to give me some leeway as you never know what may come out, I mean look what I did to the SF2 mothership, but then again I did have a whole lot more detail on that, and thats not done either. you know what, I will start on both today   and again remember, I can model them, I can uv them, but you proably want someone else to texture them
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 07:06:34 am by mandobardanjusik »

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Two things. The Seth is already being worked on. You can still make your own, but just be aware of it.

Secondly, while we prefer that people push their skills and try to UV and texture the models, we in FSU will be able to texture and finalize assets.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
I know I just saw the other seth, so forget it, it was too curvy for my liking anyways, also can so one update the list then? also I can do texture, but I cant promise how good it will be

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
and mjn.mixael, if you have any other ideas or suggestions, feel free to say them, I prefer something with sharper lines, and though fighters/bombers are my prefered I can do something bigger if enough detail, is given, and if I develop interest, I could even do stations if need be, though I am still doing the sekhmet

actually lets just wait and see what I manage to do with this, then you guys can sic me onto something new
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 07:17:21 am by mandobardanjusik »

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
hey would it be possible for me to get someone to mark the firepoints on the original model? as right now I only have a vague idea of where they are

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
You can view the firepoints in PCS.

IMHO this thread is a bit unorthodox, as most people announce upgrading an asset with some progress to show.

R

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
well thats cause I am starting this afternoon, and was hoping to get some background first, I plan to have first looks tonight ;)

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok, its just the middle, and its just a start, but I figured I would go ahead and post some early wip pics

note its still underdevelopment, but its a first look oh and the guns are place holders
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 07:34:33 pm by mandobardanjusik »

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
It might just be easier to modify and add details to the old mesh.  Also, make sure you take full advantage of the mirror function in the program you're using.

R

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
well it is tougher, however it will create a better result, and max has symettry, but I save it until I need it on hull. oh and I am still having issues with a complete importation

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Use Wings3D; the current iteration is much better than previous versions.  Blender is also good but has a higher learning curve.

R

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Rampage - Check the FotG Forum - mandobardanjusik knows what he's doing with Max, and probably doesn't need to swap programs any time soon :p
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok update time, did some experimenting wiht the paneling    

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok I still have plenty of work to do, but I do have a base of the other pieces now, but still have tons of work to do, so here is a small look

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
looking good so far! keep at it!