Author Topic: AirMech - f2p Herzog Zwei remake  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
AirMech - f2p Herzog Zwei remake
Since AndrewofDoom never made the thread for it no matter how much I poked him to, I am going to. He really should since he's the one who made me start playing >.>

Official Website where you can get it for free http://carbongames.com/

Kind of an interesting fusion between RTS/MOBA/Tower Defense. Where you play as a transforming mecha that can pick up your own units fly them around and give them orders. Pretty awesome (i've never had the opportunity to play the original). You can play a variety of styles - taking your mecha and going to the front lines and supporting your rush, building a ton of turrets and slow crawling with artillery, or taking map control by dropping infantry and tanks all around - depending on whether you like to manage units and stuff like a pseudo-rts, abuse positioning with turrets, or just go straight up and maul the enemy.

It's in beta right now (closed beta for Steam, but open otherwise). It's also free to play (microtransaction based), but your starting loadout is pretty damn good, and the only money-unlock things are alternate skins. Grinding for the units you want is also pretty easy. The devs also are pretty good about talking with the community, and there aren't many asshats/morons online in random games (yet), from the sample random games I joined online, though there isn't all that much activity.

It's still pretty early on in development though (not much to really spend your money on if you want to support them yet, just a bunch of custom skins for your mech), but they've got a pretty big list of to-add things which range from ranked ladder-based matchmaking to full singleplayer campaign.

You can play in Chrome, with an EXE or through Steam (though steam is locked), and you can play with other people playing on any platform...so anyone want to join us (Me, Andrew, Destiny when he has free time)? Seeing as I can beat them 2v1 (ok 2v1+AI but the AI is rather dumb by design) its not really fair for them :P

Iunno figured I should share since I've been playing it quite a bit after work haha
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: AirMech - f2p Herzog Zwei remake
http://youtu.be/1xYp_R7hoS8?hd=1 (he's terrible at the game though)
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
(and that's a really outdated version)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Mikes

http://youtu.be/1xYp_R7hoS8?hd=1 (he's terrible at the game though)

The top rated comment on that video is priceless.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Its a cool game, played it a couple of months ago but my system dosnt quite run it smoothly enough for multiplay
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
You guys can count me in at some point.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp